A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Artists Interested In Comic

saxman

A friend of mine is doing a Sonic SatAM-based comic. He's very committed to this, but he's running a little short on help. He's looking for four types of artists:

- Colorists

- Cover artists

- Character artists

- Prop artists

If you're interested, post some art you've done, or at least links to it. What I'll do is compile this topic as a list after I get enough people and send him it. He'll review the art and such, and he'll make decisions. If you're not sure if you do or not because of the lack of details, go ahead and post the art and I'll have him talk with you if he likes your art, and then you can decide how dedicated you are.

Any takers?

Guest Shadix

This reminds me of a topic from some guy trying to make a 15th anniversary topic based on SATAM (I think it was SATAM anyways...).

What exactly is your friend doing as part of the project?

Okay, here's some of what he sent me:

Anyway, here is those twelve panes I was refferring to. I haven't touched them since I spent a few hours a couple weeks ago writing them, therefore they are a little unrefined, and not quite as good as they could be. Let alone it ends abruptly cause I got tired.

Edit: Upon reading it, I realize it's more then 12 panels...anyway, here it is:

Sonic SatAm Season 3

Session 1

Page 1

Panel 1: Sonic is laying in bed, snuggling in the covers. This should be a fairly small panel that only takes up about 1 8th of the page. Sonic is snoring.

Sonic: Snor….

Panel 2: Same as panel 1, except there is a small brown hand (Sally’s) pushing Sonic in the back. Sonic should be mumbling.

Sally: Sonic, wake up!

Sonic: Woodoo…boodda…not now Unc, I’m having…the sweetest dream about a talking chilidog……..

Panel 3: Sally yells into Sonic’s ear. Sonic accidentally gets knocked out of bed.

Sally: SONIC!

Sonic: AAAH!

Panel 4: Sonic is rubbing his head has he gets off the floor, his blanket still loosely draped over his left arm, across his chest, over his waist and legs.

Sonic: What’s the big idea, Sal?

Panel 5: Sally is talking to Sonic rather curtly, and has a serious expression on her face. It should be a side view of the two of them (Sally, anyway), with the bed between them. Sonic is still his head, but the blanket is now around his feet.

Sally: Remember the meeting we set up for today? You know, where we lay out our plan to restore Mobotropolis? We talked about it for two hours last night!

Sonic: Sorry Sal…I’m just a little tired. I stayed up till 4 AM partying, ya know….

Page 2

Panel 1: The view should be from the shoulders up for Sonic and Sally. Sally is very close to Sonic now, her nose almost touching his. Sonic looks like he hasn’t slept all night. Sally has a sweet expression on her face.

Sally: I told you to go to bed early last night.

Sonic: You kidding? After that kiss you laid on me? I had to stay up till 12 drinking punch to wash the taste out of my mouth.

Panel 2: Sally is turning around now. She is still looking at Sonic, with the same sweet look on her face. View should be from behind Sonic’s head.

Sally: Oh hardy har har. I know you enjoyed it, Sonic. No point in trying to hide it now.

Sonic: Sure…you keep believing that sister. So, where’s the meeting?

Panel 3: View is outside Sonic’s hut. Sally’s walking through the door, one hand brushing the side of the doorway. Sonic can be seen behind her.

Sally: At my hut. Come on!

Panel 4: Sally drags a tired Sonic into her hut. Bunny and Antoine are sitting on Sally’s bed (Antoine is sitting in the middle on the left side of the bed, Bunny is sitting on the right side). Lupe and one of her pack members are standing next to the bed on Antoine’s side. Rotor, Paulo, and Dirk are standing next to Bunny’s side of the bed. This should be a large panel that takes up the entire bottom of the page.

Narrator: A few moments later…

Bunnie: Good mornin’ sugah hog!

Antoine: Eet eez about time you woke-ed up, you fuel. We’ve been vwaiting for you all ze morneen!

Page 3

Panel 1: Sonic is sitting on Sally’s bed between Antoine and Bunnie. Small panel.

Sonic: Good mornin’ guys. Shut up Ant.

Panel 2: Sally is overlooking the crowd. View should show all the people in the room. They are all paying attention to her, except for Sonic, who looks like he is about to fall back to sleep. Medium sized panel.

Sally: Everyone here? Good, let’s get started.

Panel 3: Small panel. Sally is talking to Nicole.

Sally: Nicole, upload the map of Robotropolis

Nicole: Uploading Sally….

Panel 4: Medium sized pane. Nicole is projecting a 3D holo map of Robotropolis. The only Noticeable land mark is the big central tower, where Robotnik runs everything.

Sally: Ok guys, here’s the plan. Paulo and Dirk will…

Sonic(off panel): Snoooooooore…….

Panel 5: Sonic is lying on the bed, snoring. Antoine and Bunny are looking down on him. Antoine has annoyed look on his face. Medium sized panel

Sonic: Snoooore….

Antoine: Wake up, you fuel! You are ruwinning ze Princess’s debreefeen!

continued from post above...

Page 4

Panel 1: Princess Sally is talking to Bunny. View is very close to Sally, we can only see her head. Bunny, a sleeping Sonic, and an annoyed Antoine can be seen sitting on the bed a few feet away.

Sally: Bunnie, could you…

Bunnie: Sure thang, sugah!

Panel 2: Bunnie lightly hit’s Sonic’s side. Sonic shoots up, surprised by the sudden dose of pain.

Sonic: Ah!

Panel 3: Sonic is looking over at Bunnie, annoyed.

Sonic: What was that for?!

Bunnie: Sorry, suga-hog. Princess’s ordas.

I actually watched the SatAm episode on YouTube while writing this scene. It had Sally's room in it. It helped me get down the mannerisms for Antoine and Bunnie (good lord, Antoine is hell to write for).

Basically, in this segment, Sally lays out the plan to take Robotropolis's power generator and it's back up generator offline, download the specs for all of Buttnik's tech from his main computer, AND raid the roboticizer for deroboticizer parts. Recent pictures show that some swatbots found their way back to Robotropolis from Doomsday, AND there might still be some discarded but dangerous bots lurking around Robotropolis now that is (almost) all but abandoned. Bunnie and Antoine shutting down the primary power grid will disconnect all the robots from the central computer, making them stupid and easier to take down/avoid. The secondary power grid will get knocked out by the Wolf Pack right after Sally and Sonic infiltrate Robotnik's big central tower and download all the specs for all his technology (experimental and currently in use) into Nicole. They leave, the secondary power grid is hit, Rotor, Dirk, and Paulo jump into Robotnik's main chamber and raid the roboticizer.

My goal with the first issue is to introduce Naugus, hit the Freedom Fighters hard with three Robotizations (one Kaotix won't be happy with) and essentially put them back where they where before, only with Snivelmeister in charge (like that'll last long).

It'll be a 4 part comic.

Second segment introduces Snively, covers the positive part of the FFs mission, knocks out the primary generator.

Third part, things go south when Sally starts downloading things into Nicole. Nicoles gets a virus, and a silent alarm is activated. Nicole picks it up before shutting down. Sonic and Sally try leaving the way Rotor, Dirk, and Paulo will come, but some Swatbots block there way. Apparently, more found their way back to Robotropolis then they thought (actually, Snively began reproduction of Swatbots the night before, shortly after his Uncle Julian's "demise"), so they are forced to take an alternate exit, and are unable to inform them (Sally dropped her communicator when the SWATbots surprised them).

Meanwhile, Lupe and the Wolfpack are surprised by a huge convoy of Swatbots, whom had converged on the secondary power grid upon Snively's orders, to quell any possible raid. Most of them manage to escape, but Lupe is captured. Meanwhile, Rotor, Paulo, and Dirk are captured as they enter Robotnik's chamber (they figure they where just a little too early, and decided to just drop down ahead of time and start then and there. Damn false sense of security). Rotor, Paulo, and Dirk are roboticized immediatly, along with Lupe.

Part 4 features sulking and sobbing on part of the Freedom Fighters, as well as some infighting. The very last page or so introduces Naugus, as he exits the void under a pile of metal rubble. The former Doomsday project. A depressed Robotnik carrying the unconsious body of the King behind him. The first person who sees him, Ari (whom was ordered to go and check out the ruins of Doomsday for anything interesting...like Robotnik's corpse) gets covered entirely in crystal by Naugus, whom claims "A new order has come to this world. The order of machines and magic!"

And thats how the first episode of my season 3 would go. A huge disaster, with an ominous note at the end of even MORE disastery things to come. It'll follow Ben's blue prints as mentioned on the message board and the main page. It'll make a slight move towards "SegaSonic" with the introduction of Knuckles and Angel Island mid season, something which was in Ben's plans. I got a lot of things planned for the 13 comics as well, that should feel SatAm-ish. Robotnik's origins, Snively joining the freedom fighters, and the King coming back included.