A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Mouse, Meet Mouse (WIP)

Aaron C-T

So I went to SCAD yesterday with my four finished pieces of 3D artwork and the basis of an unfinished fifth piece. While the portfolio counselor said my 3D work was excellent, she said that I needed to do 2D. This sucks, since my strong point is 3D, so now I've got draw up a bunch of stuff. So before I left, I went to Primary Art Supply on Broughton Street (it's a great store by the way if any of you happen to be in the area). I got a Biggie Jr sketchbook, a calligraphy pen with 3 nibs, and a pack of 10 extra cartridges. I went home and I had time to kill before Boy Meets World came on at 2AM (it was like.. 1:30), so I spotted a Mickey Mouse toy above my dresser, and my Compaq mouse and drew them. This is what I ended up with.

Mouse, Meet Mouse

Comments and crits please.

The scanning could use a little work, but that's probably just because you weren't trying to scan it well (or this is a photo :P ). Not to mention that it's not CG'ed to hell and back, it's hueg, etc.

The right side of Mickey's shorts (well, his left) doesn't appear to line up.

Tentril: Yea, you're right. There was something wierd about the toy, the arm that he's holding away from him was so far down that it looked like it connected to his stomach, so I had to fix that and in doing so made the arm thicker, then had to do the same for the other arm, and the legs. xD

Burp: Yea, when I scanned it in, it was still in my sketchbook

Blitz: Thanks.

I really do have to practice sketching humans.. I guess I'll try and draw myself over and over and over again.