A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

3D Model n00b wants help.

Professor-J

Ok, for a new website I'm building (it'll be like an English Sonic Channel and will be flash based with games and stuff) I need a bunch of 3D models for site artwork and other stuff. Only problem is I know f_ck-all about 3D models and stuff. Ok heres the list of things I need to know-

#1- If I ripped something, for example the Alex Kidd graphic (not sure if it is a model or not) from Shenmue, would I be able to position it in a custom pose?

#2- Is it possible to tweak around with a ripped model and give it more polygons so it could ultimatly look like a piece of CG artwork?

#3- Is it possible to rip models from SEGA Saturn, Dreamcast and Gamecube games?

#1- If I ripped something, for example the Alex Kidd graphic (not sure if it is a model or not) from Shenmue, would I be able to position it in a custom pose?

If you had proper vertex data and could edit the program in any 3d modeling tool, then undoubtably yes.

#2- Is it possible to tweak around with a ripped model and give it more polygons so it could ultimatly look like a piece of CG artwork?

Of course. As a matter of fact, the meshsmooth modifier in 3ds max is intended to do just that. Most programs for 3D modeling have a similar smoothing feature.

#3- Is it possible to rip models from SEGA Saturn, Dreamcast and Gamecube games?

Saturn and Dreamcast have been done before. Gamecube on the otherhand, I don't think has been done before. The Sonic Heroes models for instance were ripped from the XBox version.