A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

RollerCoaster Tycoon 4

Stritix

RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 has been announced for mobile with a trailer released.

According to the RollerCoaster Tycoon Facebook page, RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 is in production for PC as well.

RollerCoaster Tycoon is back and it's coming to mobile (first)! Rest assured, there is a PC experience in production now for release in Fall 2014. This is just the first step in bringing the series back to its fans this year! We are excited and hope you are too!

It happened to Dungeon Keeper. I can already feel it coming.

But you know... the ones to blame for microtransactions are the customers themselves. Devs won't do something that they know will fail.

That being said, GoG.com surely has the old ones... including Dungeon Keeper.

Oh god this looks like that Rollercoaster Ville game on facebook or whatever its called. It looks so different visually that I wonder how much the internal structure and workings have changed. I dunno, I'm gonna watch this one cautiously as well, especially given the atrocity that was RTC 3D. 

My first thoughts on this game:

"Um, no"
"I think all RollerCoaster Tycoon fans want a sequel on a PC, not a mobile platform game..."
"It looks like RCT2's skins with RCT1's framerate skipage on older and slower PCs, not really attractive if you ask me..."

...scrolls up to look at first post again...

OH HEY A PC SEQUEL- IT BETTER BE DAMN GOOD SINCE IT'S BEEN SO LONG

...opens and reads the most recent post on the RCT's Facebook Page...

OH HEY THE PC VERSION IS GETTING RELEASED FALL OF THIS YEAR- BETTER BE GOOD

If it goes up on Steam there better be that common DLC option to pre-buy the extra shit if EA does their usual stunt...wait is EA even publishing this?

...opens the official website...

Atari...? Okay...I don't remember them making the originals...

© 2014 Atari Interactive, Inc. All rights reserved. RollerCoaster Tycoon® 4 Mobile game™ © 2014 Chris Sawyer. All rights reserved. Developed by On5. Marketed and distributed by Atari, Inc., New York, NY. Atari and the Atari logo are trademarks owned by Atari Interactive, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

...looks at my old RCT and RCT3 box/cd case...

Well shit Atari did do those, wtf was I thinking! xD  Although my stance on a purchasable DLC "Season Pass" still stands... I don't think we should have to wait for a "Gold Edition" or "Platinum Edition" to get the possible/future DLC bundled in a version the retail game...

New Facebook post:

We hear everyone’s comments on the new RollerCoaster Tycoon game and want to let you all know that the mobile game and PC experience will be 2 completely different games. Both games will release this year. The mobile game will include social features (sharing with friends, leaderboards) and the PC experience will have even more features and functionality. We are excited to bring these games to you soon!

It's also worth noting that RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 PC is listed as an "online game". Here's the source.