A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Share your screenshots

If you have been working on something that you would like to share with us but perhaps don't wish to create a separate thread for it, then post it here!

I'll start.

I'm currently working on a custom Sonic the Hedgehog engine in Multimedia Fusion 2. It's similar to the classics, but the pinball physics are much stronger. I'm doing my own thing while still trying to remain true to Sonic's roots. Here's some screenshots I took a few months ago of the engine test phrase. The character sprites are indeed custom.

XE67PFhC.png

Topic has been pinned for ease of access.

• Like 3

marblezclassicpreview0.png

Here's a preview of my Marble Zone Project for Sonic Generations. All I'm really able to do is model it. I can't run Generations so I can't import it, and I can't make custom textures all that well, so it'd be nice if I could get some help.

Also: Great Idea for this thread.

• Like 2

Can I have that engine?

thats a lot to ask for...

You can always learn to develop your own engine, plus I don't think SG is ready for any release, however he can correct me if I am wrong.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With a little guidance from my pal Mercury, I almost have time travel functioning again. Unlike in previous versions of my game time zones are completely separate rooms with different layouts. This meant that I needed a new way to determine where the player should spawn after jumping between time zones. The solution is having multiple instances of a spawn object each with it's own spawn_id variable set to a value in the instance creation code. This value is checked against a similar variable set in the time post of the previous room. Each instance of the spawn object then checks to see if it's spawn_id variable matches that of the time post. If it does then that is where the player is spawned.

Anyway here's a shot of Sonic running around a pole.

Time-Travel.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...