A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Post your screenshots thread

Rael0505

SFGHQ has quite a large backgrounds and sprites database... That's probably why I keep avoiding making my own sprites lol.

Some news on that XNA thingy, even though I know this isn't the proper thread to it, but it's early to make one, and in case somebody's interested... I've figured out some animation issues, it seems to work properly now. But there's a problem... the player keeps itself out of the line of vision, probably over or under the screen... I'll find out why, then make a proper collision detection, then post it on the thread. If college duties let me do that, though.

Sorry for DP

Here, you guys can test what I got so far.

There's no collision detection yet, so all you're gonna see is Sonic jumping, changing its animations with a DEBUG hud and a background music.

Download it.

"DOESN'T WORK! How can I play this fucking shit? You suck, LH."

Well,

For games built with 4.0 XNA Framework:

.NET Framework 4 Client Profile or .NET Framework 4 Full, depending on whether or not your game uses features that are in Full but not Client.

XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 - the C++ redist and the relevant DirectX components are included in the XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 and do not need to be installed separately.

Games that create a GamerServicesComponent/use live networking REQUIRE a full XNA Game Studio 4.0 install (see this thread). The Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable is NOT sufficient since there are non-redistributable components in XNA Game Studio 4.0 that are required.

Links:

.NET Framework 4 Client Profile

XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0

Unecessary it is to say that it uses XNA Framework 4 and has no LIVE features.

PLEASE, if someone tests it, tell me if there's any problem you're experiencing like slowdowns and etc along with your PC specs.

That can't be legit because Sonic's angle is going with the entire level....Why is this?

Also, $100 to anyone who can sucessfuly make a Sonic1 special stage in MMF2.

That would be the unfortunate side effect of changing the view's angle rather than the rotation of the stage around sonic. I'll post a demo tomorrow, I'm going to bed.

Also, $100 to anyone who can sucessfuly make a Sonic1 special stage in MMF2.

It's possible by making a super-big Active object and rotating it, through it'll trash so much the VRAM that you'll regret making it.

There's also the option of making each block separately and calculate each Hotspot of every one, center them all on the screen and making them rotate. But again, VRAM trashing.

And I didn't even mention collision.

Maybe an Active System Box can do the job? Never used this extension, but the name seems attractive.

Sorry for DP

Here, you guys can test what I got so far.

There's no collision detection yet, so all you're gonna see is Sonic jumping, changing its animations with a DEBUG hud and a background music.

Download it.

"DOESN'T WORK! How can I play this fucking shit? You suck, LH."

Well,

For games built with 4.0 XNA Framework:

.NET Framework 4 Client Profile or .NET Framework 4 Full, depending on whether or not your game uses features that are in Full but not Client.

XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 - the C++ redist and the relevant DirectX components are included in the XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 and do not need to be installed separately.

Games that create a GamerServicesComponent/use live networking REQUIRE a full XNA Game Studio 4.0 install (see this thread). The Games for Windows - LIVE Redistributable is NOT sufficient since there are non-redistributable components in XNA Game Studio 4.0 that are required.

Links:

.NET Framework 4 Client Profile

XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0

Unecessary it is to say that it uses XNA Framework 4 and has no LIVE features.

PLEASE, if someone tests it, tell me if there's any problem you're experiencing like slowdowns and etc along with your PC specs.

Slowdowns? Well, in my PC, NOPE.

Jumpin'? Awn yea, mad blue hedgehog gonna destroy the air.

Slowdowns? Well, in my PC, NOPE.

Jumpin'? Awn yea, mad blue hedgehog gonna destroy the air.

Thanks for testing :B

Aanywayy,

sonicxna_409.png

Works.

I'm trying to concentrate on basic platforming before getting into

Only bottom collision is half-configured. Gotta finish it, make a skidding move and then make collision for the other sensors.

The common actions (Stopped, Walking, Running) are configured. Jumping is also possible, though it's not finished yet too, and is still pretty much buggy.

Alright, you questioned the legitimacy of that shot, I'll prove it.

Play it and see.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r17yralcf7xdfmb

It features almost everything from the Sonic 1 special stage. It doesn't feature the crazy stage spinning upon touching the goal block, the controller blocks (Reverse, Up, and Down), and certain sound effects are omitted, but it's pretty accurate in terms of gameplay!

It controls closer to the Sonic the Hedgehog 4 special stage, as it doesn't automatically rotate. You control the stage and Sonic just sort of...falls. I even included the 1-up block from the Sonic 1 Beta.

Please let me know what you all think!

Alright, you questioned the legitimacy of that shot, I'll prove it.

Play it and see.

http://www.mediafire.com/?r17yralcf7xdfmb

It features almost everything from the Sonic 1 special stage. It doesn't feature the crazy stage spinning upon touching the goal block, the controller blocks (Reverse, Up, and Down), and certain sound effects are omitted, but it's pretty accurate in terms of gameplay!

It controls closer to the Sonic the Hedgehog 4 special stage, as it doesn't automatically rotate. You control the stage and Sonic just sort of...falls. I even included the 1-up block from the Sonic 1 Beta.

Please let me know what you all think!

Pretty much great and well-done.

But hey, it's GameMaker :P Object / camera rotation and other things are always better in it. We can prove it with Sonic Nebulous.

Since it's going to be integrated into the Sonic Dash engine I'm using, I should be able to add in the angle/trig directions in order to make the drawing more accurate to the Sonic 1 special stage. (Where only the blocks rotated, the pads and goal posts moved, but didn't rotate.)

slashh.png

Just thought I'd show off a new move plus the new HUD style.

The move is one of the two special moves available in Classic control style, and it's based off of Sonic X-treme's "Spin-Slash" idea. The other is one where you can shoot spikes out Silver Sonic style. This was based off of the never released SatAM game. The gem replaced the LINK idea, and it fuels your moves.(Not spin dash or jumping, stuff like boost and the special moves.) You actually have to press a separate button to perform these moves, so it's totally optional. Of course the modern mode will have boost and homing attack. (But it's not required to pass the stages like newer games!)

Not a screenshot but...

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43346058/sonic1.png[/qimg]

Cutscene sprite, or is something else being teased here?

Credit to Kaosu for the sketch, and if you figure out the mystery, credit to him. Continuation of Rathes Sonic sheet.

I could swear it's Sonic starting to make a Tornado Spin (just like in Sonic 3D Blast and Sonic Underground)

Not a screenshot but...

[qimg]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/43346058/sonic1.png[/qimg]

Cutscene sprite, or is something else being teased here?

Credit to Kaosu for the sketch, and if you figure out the mystery, credit to him. Continuation of Rathes Sonic sheet.

The leg is maybe a little long, but I love it anyway because it's very animated, and I imagine it's going to be part of a longer animations and not just that static image.