A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Theories

ZigZaX

I've been wondering for a ling while how many hints and possibilities in terms of setting do the sonic games, comics and shows have in terms of possible cannon, setting, stories and..well..theories.

You've probably heard a couple, Like, What if robotnik's the good guy and sonic's the bad guy? They always serve as a good food for thought, and inspiration, and they're always fun to use.

Heck, some of them actually are good enough that you could base entire games around them.

This thread is for sharing theories you've come up with or sharing theories you really liked, only one rule: Explain and define the theory. Explain why that theory is possible.

With that said, ill start:

• Like 1

My first theory:

Sonic: Lost world takes place in sonic's dreams.

Surely you've noticed the odd look of lost hex, and how odd the levels look, and how no level really looks like anything new that sonic's ever encountered. But...what if it was all a dream?

A dream Always contains information and setting in some odd and twisted form, the entirety of sonic:lost world is built like if it was just this, information and memories of sonic's travels twisted to some odd form, making it look unreal, even for sonic standards, as if it was twisted in some sort of dream.

Dreams also tend to fuse diffferent pieces of informations where they dont make sense, explaining why there are wisps in the game without any real story reason.

Every level in the game is a twisted, dreamlike form of levels sonic has been to and explored in some way before.

Windy hill:A dream version of green hill.

Dessert ruins: a dream version of sandopolis/ shamar.

tropical coast: a dream version of Emerald coast, and Wave Ocean.

Frozen Factory: a twisted, dream version of white acropolis and Icecap.

Silent forest:a dream version of angel island zone, tropical jungle, and Adabat.

Sky road: This one is a bit difficult, but you could say it represents the entirety of angel island, a dessert, hills, ruins and forests in the sky.

Lava mountain: a dream version of Eggman land.

But what about the Deadly six? surely you've seen their odd resemblance to chao, and their colors like the chaos emeralds.

And what about that Disappointing final boss, and its resemblance to the egg nega-wisp, and its visual similarities with the egg emperor...what if that was the point, if the boss is sonic re-living a moment in his past...or two moments at once via a dream?

But what about the story..its nothing like an older sonic game. But neither is the events of your average dream. A popular theory about dreams is that they serve to prepare you for future events. So this dream would be preparing sonic for a situation in which he failed, so he would be ready in real life.

And how Tails, Knuckles and Amy act out of character, maybe that's how sonic sees them, and That's why they seem so off, its how he sees them in his mind.

And finally, sonic ends the game by falling asleep. Presumably waking up in the real world. And the odd presence of a NiGTHS level in the game, makes it more apparent how the levels look like they're from some dream.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I don't think Sega intended Lost World to be a dream. I image they don't consider the story important enough to invest a lot of time in. It's all about marketing and what they think will sell, that's the only real point to Sonic stories anymore.

But it's nice to think it may have been a dream Sonic Generations maybe too? The serious stories from Sonic 06 and prior were never the issue at with the game it's always been about gameplay and glitches. Not that the 06 story was great by an streach.

I tend to look at the story of Sonic games in 3 arcs that match up to the gameplay.

Sonic 1, 2, 3&K, CD, and Chaotix all fit together rather nicely and contain story threads that connect them. The Death Egg, Metal Sonic, and Robotnik is always the main bad guy.

Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, Sonic Heroes, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Sonic 06 also fit together well. They all deal with similar themes too. Enemies other than Robotnik, Shadows origins, and the ever growing supporting cast.

Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Colors, Sonic Generations, and Sonic Lost World are of course the last bunch. They have similar themes too. Lighter story, Robotnik is the central villain again, smaller supporting cast, etc.

I don't try to connect the stories together beyond that. I think that while story is something of a second thought the Sonic Team has made a conscious decision to reboot the story with Adventure and Unleashed.

Besides the games there are many other storylines too. Satam, StC, Archie, Sonic Underground... you know. I think it's best to look at the Sonic series as a whole like a comic book multiverse. Archie has event hinted at such showing different zones that contain Sonic Underground and Sonic OVA's universe I rather like that idea.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, basically, I'm pretty sure that, in Sonic Chrono Adventure, Eggman created the Silver Rings. I know this seems ridiculous but hear me out.

Remember how Eggman got shot back a century in the past? Well, he also states he got shot one year further after that, totalling 101 years. In West City, there is a sign stating that the Silver Ring Corp has been going strong for 101 years. Coincidence? I THINK KNOT!

But hey, it's just a theory! A FAN GAME THEORY!

Sorry, I'll stop now.

So, basically, I'm pretty sure that, in Sonic Chrono Adventure, Eggman created the Silver Rings. I know this seems ridiculous but hear me out.

Remember how Eggman got shot back a century in the past? Well, he also states he got shot one year further after that, totalling 101 years. In West City, there is a sign stating that the Silver Ring Corp has been going strong for 101 years. Coincidence? I THINK KNOT!

But hey, it's just a theory! A FAN GAME THEORY!

Sorry, I'll stop now.

99 years.