A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Revise Sonic Worlds in new MMF?

flame6753

Wuz good.

For anyone who hasn't really been keeping up (including me, been inactive for like a year lol) Clickteam is ditching the "Multimedia" in MMF and their new version will be Clickteam Fusion version 2.5, which will introduce custom physics in their movement engine.

It's hard to say without having actually used it yet, but will there be plans to revamp Sonic Worlds to take advantage of this? :P

Dami has long since moved on, so it's unlikely that vanilla Worlds will ever be ported to a new version of... CF or whatever. I don't think any amount of physics will help with basic Sonic movement stuff though. It's Not exactly modeled on realworld physics to start with. If it works in the new product without any changes, I don't see why anyone would need to do any kind of porting project.

I would like to see the box2D physics applied to Sonic Worlds in a way much like that Sonic '06 fangame did where Sonic would interact with the objects but wouldn't "collide" with them. Just for eye-candy really, where instead of having cheap ways to make destructible objects, we could have more "realist" ways. Not sure if can be done, though.

Well, you could always fork it.  I mean, .mfa isn't exactly a format that is conducive to forking, but it's not impossible. All the patches would have to be ported by hand.

IMO, we need to do some performance comparisons.  If the performance is just leaps and bounds better than before, it might be worthwhile to start focusing on 2.5 releases.

It's not like Delta is getting super-frequent releases anymore anyway.

I also have a feeling that the status of what people are able to *ahem* obtain easily will be changing shortly, largely as a consequence of the humble bundle sale.