A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Sigma

Clouder

4I3aq0g.png

I once had a project called Sonic Origins that some of you may remember. I canceled that due to another project that my friend Jassbec was doing that had almost the same story. So changed the story and the name to Sonic Genesis. Then my friends coaxed me to change the name to something more original and something that would fit more with the plot (further down). So I chose the name Sonic Sigma, and it just stuck!

Members-

Alex Bradley (Infinity Alex) - Project Co-Leader & Lead designer

DaHog - Project Co-Leader & Lead programmer

LiBi - Spriter

Story-

It has been 2 years since the events of Sonic 3&K. Little Planet has returned to Mobius once more. Sonic, Tails and Amy, believing Robotnik to be dead after Super Sonic watched the Death Egg Robot Mk III fall from space with him still inside, decide to take a vacation at Never Lake. Y’know, relax, have some downtime.

However, Robotnik is not dead at all. Quite the opposite, in fact! After escaping from the Death Egg Robo before it hit the ground, Robotnik flew back to the now low-flying Death Egg to start his next project. This would be the robot Sonic to end all robot Sonics! Metal Sonic’s speed combined with Silver Sonic’s defensive capabilities and Mecha Sonic’s power plus the DNA of Sonic himself! However, due to the Doctor’s crisis, the robot was being built at the center of the Death Egg so it could power it and stop it from falling into the ocean below. Now, Robotnik has acquired a familiar set of stones to power the Death Egg, turning it into the Time Egg, so his latest creation, CYBER SONIC, can be unleashed!

Watch out, Sonic! The Eggman’s coming for you!

Concepts n' stuff*-

First up on our concepts list is Cyber Sonic's design.

Alex's first Cyber Sonic design.

mwjh.png

Hobbers's Cyber Sonic concept. Which is better?

68op.png

Alex's concept for Never Forest Zone.

ahe9.png

Welp, that's all for now. Contact either me or Alex if you have any questions or comments.

both of the robot sonic concepts are going in the right direction but certain parts of their designs keep throwing them off. For instance, I'm liking Hobber's design much more than the other but the shoes just don't fit at all with the rest of the design and seem rather out of place.

As for the game itself, I'm glad to see you guys have a demo out! I'll be sure to do a video on it when I get the chance. Before I do though, would you rather I wait till SAGE for a possible next release or is this newest build you guys are going to have for a while?

I quite like the look of this. I'd love to help out sometime if you'd like the help.

EDIT: Just played the demo. It's... not bad, but I really didn't enjoy it. The level design was a pain in the ass, and the presentation really wasn't that great. Also, the physics feel off. Old version of Sonic Worlds?

I played your demo it was decent. The graphics were nice and there's nothing wrong with the level design in particular. The level did feel a bit empty though. I would add more challenges for the player things like moving platforms, spikes, and badniks would help make the level feel less empty. Maybe look over your design and try to think up ways to challenge the player a little more.

@defaultmine

I actually corrected the physics, kind of. Like alex said, it's Delta, but worlds never gets animation speed right, like jumping and running, it's always a lot slower. I actually still haven't fixed the jumping all the way, i took the shortcut way. The physics may seem off because:

1: Sonic's running animation is twice as lengthy as his normal one, which may make it look like he's moving his legs faster than he is actually moving, but moving at normal speed. I may actually have to slow down the animation to make it look right. If you don't understand what I just said, think of how sonic walks in 06. Everything should now be clear.

2: I haven't added Classic Rotation yet. For me, the physics just seem off for some reason with "modern" rotation, and seem to be "better" with classic rotation.

Played the demo last night and just wanted to leave some comments:

1) Assuming this is supposed to be the first stage, you might want to not include so much water. If you're trying to grip someone to play the game then you'll probably want more high speed action instead of slow underwater segments

2) The pose Sonic pulls when he launches off a spring looks a bit unnatural. Might want to straighten him out a bit

Other than that it was good! Graphics were nice, really liked the Sonic sprite and it played as good as a Sonic Worlds-powered game should. The only thing you might want to think about are some original gimmicks that'll help make the game stand out a bit more.

Otherwise a good effort :)

That's fair and maybe I'm just speaking out of personal preference, but I just thought it was a bit boring to have a slow, trudge-through-the-water-stage from the get-go. I would have preferred the game grab me by the balls and give me some action from the beginning.

Well, actually, this is on hold for an indefinite period while DaHog finishes Sonic: Wrath of Shadows. Until then, I'm hoping you'll all start following Sonic Legacy (which I've yet to make a thread for), which I hope will take my vision for Sigma to new heights. One thing that'll maybe be carried over from this was a "form concept", though more about that later.