A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic 1 - IOS

Sonic 1 is a lot better with a spin dash. Widescreen is nice too. I haven't played this version of Sonic 1 but I have no complaints about the Sonic CD re release. Plus I've seen that Tax added a lot of great extras to this game like elemental shields, spin dash, and super sonic for starters. I may pick it up at some point.

The real question is when Sega is just going to let Tax gather up some internet buddies and make a real Sonic 4

YES

I remember when sonic 4 was announced, it was right around the time I got megaman 10. I was expecting what capcom did, making it look JUST like an old game. I would go about my day all excited thinking whether or not they would use sonic 1/2/CD sprites, S3K sprites, or even new ones. I would ponder things like that... When I saw sonic 4 for the 1st time I was utterly disappointed, and I wanted to cry.

I have no problem with sonic 4, it's just the name. The game is fine, it just doesn't fill the HUGE shoes that the name "Sonic 4" carries. Therefore it sucks.

YES

I remember when sonic 4 was announced, it was right around the time I got megaman 10. I was expecting what capcom did, making it look JUST like an old game. I would go about my day all excited thinking whether or not they would use sonic 1/2/CD sprites, S3K sprites, or even new ones. I would ponder things like that... When I saw sonic 4 for the 1st time I was utterly disappointed, and I wanted to cry.

I have no problem with sonic 4, it's just the name. The game is fine, it just doesn't fill the HUGE shoes that the name "Sonic 4" carries. Therefore it sucks.

*cough*ramble alert*cough*

Exactly. I was expecting high quality sprites, elemental shields, tails, knucles. But I was left with an empty feeling. Thats why I did not purchase episode one. I did have fun with the demo as a generic sonic game. Or even a sonic 1 hd. But Sonic 4, what were thinking. Oh yeah, they were in the same position as Eggman, broke and wanting money. If they threw SONIC ADVENTURE 3 on any generic game it would've sold like hotcakes. Which bugs me. But what can you say, I'm satisfied with this Sonic 1 re-release. Loving Knuckles. Too bad I gotta go debug each time to play as him cause I suck at special stages. Lol. Which makes me wonder why he isn't in any new 3d games. He cleary playdd fine in Sonic stages in sa1 and 2. But before I wonder fo far off topic. I love this game. Didn't notice how much 60 frames per second made a difference, it's beautiful!

Posted on mobile.