A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sprite Help!

Why hello there!

I need some help...

5IqRhMD.png

I made that mighty sprite, and I need a walking animation.

NO

That is NOT just the chaotix sprite edited, look at them together, I made it from scratch.

I seriously need some help.

I will repay you SOMEHOW

I don't know how, but I WILL do SOMETHING FOR YOU

I need some help, my game needs to get rolling.

I just compared it to the Chaotix sprite. Made from scratch you say? Well I say bullshit and lies. You took the existing sprite, made mostly shading changes, and maybe swapped some of the lower body pieces with another sprite... possibly a regular Sonic sprite from an earlier game.

This is fine, but don't try to pass it off as made from scratch.

I just compared it to the Chaotix sprite. Made from scratch you say? Well I say bullshit and lies. You took the existing sprite, made mostly shading changes, and maybe swapped some of the lower body pieces with another sprite... possibly a regular Sonic sprite from an earlier game.

This is fine, but don't try to pass it off as made from scratch.

Wow.

This is what I did.

I made the shoes, body, arms, and hand from scratch.

I then looked at the sonic 1 sprite to make it look similar.

I the structured mighty's head.

When I was done, I popped open the chaotix sprite and I made it similar to that, keeping changes I liked.

I consider that being made from scratch.

If you don't consider that method "from scratch", then this sprite isn't from scratch.

jf3avnY.png

The Sonic Worlds engine is not bullshit because you based it off of the classic games.