A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic and the lost temple

mysoniks

Simple Game contains: Sonic And maybe classic sonic

The game is basically about this long lost temple. that's pretty much.

music and Game design all by me and zachermarod23 on Youtube.

any ways

here's the first level of the game Bushy Forest:

post-4031-138639765391_thumb.png

post-4031-138639765394_thumb.png

and hub world character interaction:

post-4031-138639765398_thumb.png this it United City's hub world, the second Level of the game

and Lots of easter eggs like this:

post-4031-138639765406_thumb.png

Logo Link: http://mysoniks.deviantart.com/art/Lostfull-Logo-388529846?ga_submit_new=10%253A1374881750&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

not my best logo I will fix it, and a remix I did for Sonic Generations which will be included YT link: [has been deleted]

That's all! (if not enough I don't know what is)

This is interesting. Would love to see a gameplay video.

One thing that bothers me is the size of the HUD in relation to the rest of the screen. It takes up WAY to much space. I know its a pain in the butt, but perhaps you should make the screen resolution a bit bigger?

Okay, I'm a bit tired, so I'll be very straight-to-the-point:

I don't like the music.

That Marble Zone remix shows good ideas (especially that voice-like synth - mind telling where you got it?), butchered up by not-stellar mixing and unfitting chords (when changing the chords, you might want to change the melody around a bit, or find a progression that fits with the current melody 100%).

You seem to have okay ideas, just executed badly - Although I don't like this, I think you have potential. I'd love to give more advice to you sometime, but for now, this is all I have.

Good luck!

It's okay if you hated it, it was just a test with me my buddy

I am gonna make and fix music cuz if you hated that

Your gonna hate all the music. Some of it is rock, and

Really techno and dubstep and house and etc. I'm using game maker 8 to make this

All the levels were made by me. Some sonic sprites were by me to!

I will post more l8ter. P.S. My music making did indeed advance. If I was to

Show you older song you would be disgusted, I wrote this with my iPhone

If anything is wrong.

I'm not saying I dislike rock music, dude.

What I'm saying is that while I like the concepts you have for it, things such as chords (prolly should leave them alone if you don't know what they are), mixing (that is, volume adjustment) and such are a tad lacking.

It's a pretty hard thing to explain in messages, I guess... If you need any musical help, I suppose you could message me.

He's saying that it's not a bad idea, it just need some polish, spit shine, and some tweaking so the music can truly shine.

Now getting into some nitpicky stuff that will probably just bug me and no one else...translation, skip over this paragraph if you wish xD. The Hub World graphics and the temple's graphics seem to have clashing styles. Now I'm gonna assume you made the city's backgrounds and graphics before you made the temples, and I'm guessing that the city is supposed to have an uplifting and bright aura to it. While the temple contrasts with a dark, damp, ominous, and mysterious mood attached to it. My drug out point: the city graphics look like they should be redone in my opinion. They're not bad, hell they're pretty good, but they could be better! Try adding like small and subtle imperfections in the pavement, maybe making the windows bigger (they seem a little small), or maybe redoing the fire hydrant sprite.

Also agreeing with what Highwire said, the HUD takes up too much of the screen. It could/should be smaller so the player has a better view of the screen.

I like where you are going with this (: Sometimes you can do the most with a simple concept

I know but almost every thing will be fixed

I don't understand the HUD part I can see perfectly fine,

Whatever. I'll fix it. I'll be back theirs a lot of testing to do

And more gimmicks to add to the game.

I think the problem I have with the HUD is that it just obscures to much visual information as well as unbalances the composition of whats on screen.

Either change the resolution or change the actual HUD graphic so it doesn't cover so much area.

There just seems to be more room for the information presented on the HUD than their needs to be. Stuff like that has to be streamlined