A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Random Sonic Trivia Thread

TheJeli

In the iPhone one? Yeah.

I'd brag my knowledge (or lack of) about the series, but quite frankly I can't think of any so have some music tech info - the White Space themes in Sonic Generations are split into 13 pieces, usually of the exact same length (the only exceptions being the drum solo intros) - drum intro, main track and a looparound.

It was a total pain in the butt to work with.

• 1 month later...

Did you know, Gamma is in Sonic Adventure as SEGA wanted to try out his play style, but thought it would be unsuitable to have Sonic with a gun? Also, Gamma was originally intended to commit suicide by shooting himself in the head, but this was changed due to it being deemed too shocking for a family game.

Did you know, Gamma is in Sonic Adventure as SEGA wanted to try out his play style, but thought it would be unsuitable to have Sonic with a gun? Also, Gamma was originally intended to commit suicide by shooting himself in the head, but this was changed due to it being deemed too shocking for a family game.

I did not know this.

But the shooting thing is pretty shocking.

I would expect the self destruct over anything.

If I recall, Cream was a rework, or at least inspired by one of the old mascot candidates... It was a purple rabbit whose ears could stretch and grab onto things. The concept of stretchy limbs was instead shoved aside and later used in Ristar.

Could've played a part in the development of the Werehog's moveset, too, but I doubt it.

If I recall, Cream was a rework, or at least inspired by one of the old mascot candidates... It was a purple rabbit whose ears could stretch and grab onto things. The concept of stretchy limbs was instead shoved aside and later used in Ristar.

Could've played a part in the development of the Werehog's moveset, too, but I doubt it.

A squirrel was also one of several candidate designs for Cream, along with what appears to be a fox.

The copy of the original Sonic 1 prototype has never been found and the developers say the prototype was lost and will probably never be found. A release of the prototype was to be on Sonic Mega Collection but due to it being lost, the idea was ultimately scrapped.

Knuckles is mistakenly referred to as a "mole" in the OVA rather than and echidna.

That's probably because the Japanese word for "echidna" literally means "needle mole" (just like the Japanese word for "hedgehog" literally means "needle mouse").