A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

(In-Progress Album) Can of Nothing: Project Flash

Can of Nothing: Project Flash is my own project of sorts in which I designed a concept of a non-existent game and write a soundtrack for it. It started back in 18 March 2012 when I was much less professional (not that I am now, but still) and generally less serious about it and was overall in it for the fun. Now, after more than a whole year, I've learned quite a lot about composition and arrangement, and then some. Also, I've gotten a bit more serious about the whole project, having turned commercial (kind of) and all.

Having grown up (well, growing up) with the music of Mario, Sonic, Kirby and Pokemon, I'm generally influenced by the music of those four series, with other games I've played (like Rayman) and the After the Sequel team influencing more recently. If you like those kinds of music, you'll like mine... I think. ...And hope.

You can check all the released tracks on the link above (as well as pre-order it :U), but here's three tracks of the OST, which are pretty much the featured tracks.

Theme of Project Flash

Blinded by Neon - Moonlit Metropolis

Up and Dawn - Glimmer Grove

The way how pricing works is a bit complicated - At release, Can of Nothing: Project Flash will officially be payment-optional. This means that you'll be able to download it for free when it's complete!

However, people who pay (or paid) will get their perks - all the bonus tracks available currently (and more to come) will only be for those who pay. Call it a BS marketing technique, but I really need the support I can get to go on. This means that on a free download, you'll only get the minimal 18 tracks - Theme of Project Flash and the level themes - whereas if you pay, you'll get more. I hope this gets you guys interested!

Also, there's going to be more projects, remixes and tracks to come, some before the release, some after, and some quite a way to go... Stay *ahem* tuned!

Feedback, constructive criticism and comments (and a pre-order or two? :P) are welcome!

(I'm writing this while bobbing up and down to Up and Dawn.)

Listening to some different tracks, I rather like this stuff. I'll be happy to throw a pre-order your way some time soon.

Oh, and Perennial Plant sounds bloody fantastic.