A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

sonic worlds Delta startup/button mapping problem.[SOLVED]

ZigZaX

Upon upgrading to sonic worlds delta 1.3.2, mr poetatoebadger and i ran into a problem, here's the message from him detailing the problem:

So. I just transfered from Worlds beta 0.5 to delta 1.3.2. It's VERY VERY cool, and it's alot better in physics terms.

Anyways... The whole button mapping thing? I don't like it, and I don't want it. It seems too confusing, and i dont know how to get rid of it. I want it to be they way it was in 0.5, where you have the default controls and if you want to change the or add a gamepad you press control and y.

Can anyone tell me how to completely get rid of it, or at least some coding to change the buttonmapping the way I want it at the start of each frame? Also, when I made an EXE of the file, the buttons in the button mapping did't show up, and you couldnt play.

Also, the ghosts are getting REALLY annoying. Is there a way to delete them or toggle them off, in a way the player cant ever see them? Detailed answers or maybe a skype chat would be very appreciated. Thanks

-Mr. Potatobadger

The new input management system is a bit too deep to just remove. But I don't see how having proper gamepad support that allows the user to remap buttons is a bad thing; the user sets the controls on first run (or later on through an options menu!) and you don't have to worry about things like keyboard/joypad conflicts (like some games do).

Are you building the EXE in the same directory as the MFA? It's probably looking for directories that don't exist. I should put in some code to create directories at runtime if they are missing, to remove that problem altogether... but I think I was veto'd when I proposed that? It was a while ago, I can't completely remember.

As for disabling the Ghost system, it's as simple as editing event 3799 (in the stock copy of 1.3.2, inside group Interface and post-processing methods -> GUI -> Titlecard) to not enable the group Ghost. That's all!

The new input management system is a bit too deep to just remove. But I don't see how having proper gamepad support that allows the user to remap buttons is a bad thing; the user sets the controls on first run (or later on through an options menu!) and you don't have to worry about things like keyboard/joypad conflicts (like some games do).

Are you building the EXE in the same directory as the MFA? It's probably looking for directories that don't exist. I should put in some code to create directories at runtime if they are missing, to remove that problem altogether... but I think I was veto'd when I proposed that? It was a while ago, I can't completely remember.

As for disabling the Ghost system, it's as simple as editing event 3799 (in the stock copy of 1.3.2, inside group Interface and post-processing methods -> GUI -> Titlecard) to not enable the group Ghost. That's all!

Hey, thanks for the advice! I actually kinda solved the problem, in a different way. I found the collab version of delta, and I like it better, for the addition of red star rings. I think they will come in handy for special stages or unlockables and such. Sorry to "waste" your time, but I may have new questions in the future. So, does anyone know how to remove a thread? Either that or rename a thread so this one isn't just sitting here in the meantime?

EDIT: Another thing: I would prefer the omnidirectional rotations like the classic games had, rather than automatic rotations. The most recent version of delta seemed to emulate that in a way I liked.

But, I'm guessing those angle changer thingies and general edge blocks may have something to do with that if that's what you want?

I've been trying to figure it out for a while, but I have failed to succeed.

I also looked at the angle changers code, and what I'm doing appears to meet the criteria, it seems very simple.

EDIT 2: Also jump speed. The jump doesn't seem like it gains momentum like it does in delta 1.3.2 and in the classics.