A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[3D Model] Hybrid Suit

SefirothDB

Alrighty, finally got to finish this crap yesterday. Looks nothing like originally intended - but it's for the best, trust me :o

Hybrid.jpg

Hybrid2.jpg

• Rawr, Sef's on a robotic modeling mood. Well, when he manages to stop playing Guitar Hero :/

• I estimate 2 days of work (~6-8 hours, but very far between).

• Glow lines AGAIN :D It's a lens effect, and everyone loves lens effects.

• Wanted to add tentacles from the beginning. In fact it was the first thing I made, and they're Inverse Kinematic'd to the max. They also have like 20k polygons each, but who cares? As proven by Spiderman and several hentai vids, tentacles add 50% of awesomeness.

• No idea who can fit in this one. Any character could do, since the model is bigger than last one.

• Originally intended to be a normal biped, I went "**** this" yesterday and used half of the leg mesh to crate the arms, deleted the rest and radically redid the entire lower section.

• COMPLETE rig (well, as complete as my rigs get). All through bones, IK have been set. Animation ready.

• Purple is pretty. So is black. But if anyone has a better color scheme in mind, go ahead and suggest it. No polkadots allowed.

• All done from scratch once again. I should start recycling crap from older models, but that makes me feel dirty :omg:

• Polycount at ~20k, easily turnable into a game mesh. Without tentacles, of course.

• Following the BoF3 naming scheme, "Hybrid". Sister gave her seal of approval, and so did Pedobear.

C&C pls.

2.jpg

Suggested by Scatta. I generally tend to avoid white/light gray because it's the color I give to my in-progress meshes, and I get a "unfinished" vibe everytime I look at it. But it's a really minor nitpick, and I'll go with what the crowd says on the subject.

And I suppose now I should explain why I chose this. Basically sleek black + insert vibrant color here is a common thing to do. No matter what other color you chose for the vibrant one it will automatically look good. Hell, I do it too. It's an easy solution. But being that the last one was black and yellow I figured this one should be different. My initial thought was white and purple, but white is too bright a color. As I look back and forth between the two variations I can honestly say I love the black and purple. The white and red also has a nice touch, but it just doesn't look as badass. Maybe use a darker shade of gray (full-on gray maybe?). ::shrug:: If it doesn't look right, then just stick to the black and purple. =P