A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

The official SFGHQ E3 2013 discussion thread

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five more years of development hell!

FFXIII-5

FFXVI Online

FF Crystal Final Stories Portable Remix

SQUARE WHERE IS FFXV YOU PROMISED US IN 2006

Edit: More importantly, the game seems to have a very different focus from the first time gameplay was shown. It looks like they were serious about that cutscene being possible in Gameplay.

If it manages to incorporate that stuff, along with all the stuff shown in the original trailer (including full-party control), this indeed deserves a number title. I just hope this title isn't too ambitious to actually be finished.

I dont even have words for KH3. The visual style looked...surreal? After the gameplay shown in Versus' trailer, I honestly have no idea how insane KH3's battle system is going to get following KH2.

Yeah, for the people like me who didn't see E3 because school, here's the KH3 trailer.

Hyped as fuck, and now I have a concrete reason to get a PS4. Hooooly shiiiiit...!

EDIT: Why is MS even in the console business? Just focus on Windows, you've got enough to handle with that. Plus, you have a really big gamer-base under it. WHY enter the console wars with shitty consoles in the first place?!

The icing on the cake to this console slaughter would be nintendo coming out tomorrow announcing a wii U price drop and then showing off like 10 or so much needed wii U titles.

Sony seriously pulled no punches, it was an awesome show and I was laughing for like the final 10 minutes.

M$ got their mouths rammed so hard, christ. I almost feel sorry for the overwhelming amount of rape. Wait no i dont, because this is the best E3 in years. I haven't been this hype in a looooooooong time.

-- I fully expected square to piss me off, they didn't. In fact, they did the one thing nobody expected them to, which is actually do what we wanted them to. I feel the greatest kind of crunchy right now.

-- Destiny looks like one big collection of everything great about Halo -- Solid shooting, fun enemies, great environments, multiplayer greatness...and now collectible loot and special guns and awesome vehicles and FUCK i want that game

-- Super hype for the new Infamous. I adored the way the first one handled Cole's powers, and this new dude just looks like he's gonna rip all sorts of shit up.

-- $5 a month for online gaming means my days of free online gaming are over...but who even cares, Xbox owners pay $8 for Xbox live now, and a 12-month subscription is LESS than that of the current 360s.

Either Xbox is going to renege on its shelf of shitty policies, or grab their heels and watch everyone from sony to the average gamer screw them over.

And the best part is, we havent even seen Nintendo's shit yet. COME ON SMASH BROTHERS, PLEASE NOT ANOTHER BRAWL. Please. And Nintendo, force Retro to make beautiful HD Prime 4 dammit

I never really got it, why do people like Melee more than Brawl? I actually like Brawl better. More characters. ...Though Roy's absence does make me a sad panda.

...It had better not just be because of the tripping mechanic. It has never boned me over. Then again, I don't play competitively.

I never really got it, why do people like Melee more than Brawl? I actually like Brawl better. More characters. ...Though Roy's absence does make me a sad panda.

...It had better not just be because of the tripping mechanic. It has never boned me over. Then again, I don't play competitively.

It's not just because of stuff like the tripping mechanic. It's because Melee was a faster paced, generally more competitively oriented game with a somewhat higher skill-gap than Brawl.

Brawl has a lot of iffyness to it too. For instance the Project M team discovered and patched out a problem where Gamecube controllers had a sort of arbitrary frame delay (I think 1 - 3 frames or so) between receiving controller input and processing it.

And I personally had a lot of attachment to a certain

from Melee that higher level Ness players liked to work into their game which was fixed in Brawl... but that's not a very legitimate complaint. Still, it was awesome. I always just kind of figured they should have turned it into an ascended glitch instead.

I can play either one, but do yourself a favor and google the reasons before this turns into a Smash Bros topic.

LOLTOOLATE

(it's gonna be in a few hours though anyway lol)

Because Melee was alot deeper than it looked. Everyone had more unique movesets, and the game felt self-aware to its depth. L-cancelling, juggles, and tighter controls gave the game a much higher skillcap than Brawl. It fixed ALOT of issues that plagued 64 (grabbing, shieldbreak and 0-death combos) and expanded the gameplay towards more technical qualities and an emphasis on edgeguarding.

Not only did brawl remove L-Cancelling, hitstun, and let you cancel the tumble animation, it also hardcoded other features into the game specifically designed to prevent one player from overpowering another through skill. Literally. Stale move reduction and hitstun are the most popular changes. Tripping, floaty gravity, spammable air dodge, and every other powerup (and level) punishing you at random are just as bad. There was obviously very little attention to balancing alongside the new system nerfs, which is most apparent to characters like Falcon (who suffers from physics and hitstun nerfs) and Sonic (plagued by Stale Move reduct.)

Its highly annoying. Its why matches in Brawl commonly go deep into 150-170%s, with people surviving smash attacks and killthrows. And then you lose a stock, SMR resets, and then the opponent nearly dies in a single hit. Its a buffer against competitive gameplay.

In the end, nobody gained anything from brawl's nerfs. And people who really got into the game got shafted for it. Melee is a game you can pick up 6 years later and still come up with awesome shit. Or, find ways to make use of characters that nobody thought could be used that way.

Not to mention, Brawl removed the awesome scoring system from Melee. Which was extremely intricate, and i can only imagine it was removed because majority of the things you could get scored for became either impossible or completely irrelevant.

And nintendo's done with their stream.

New Mario looks nice - it has Kirby RTD 4-player bro-op. YES. Also cat suits.

Confirmed for new Smash...

MEGAMAN

Japan time incoming.

Oh, and don't forget Grandma's smile is a healing.

The only thing I got out of the Nintendo stream that was new and exciting was that Megaman was in smash bros, but I will only really truly care if the word is that the game plays more like Melee otherwise what's the point.

Overall it was lackluster. I don't care for Mario, I don't care for Donkey Kong, and I don't like Zelda 3DS' art style/direction - hell even its CONCEPT. I don't like what they did to Wind Waker HD - it lost all the charm of the original's visuals. I know the game will still play okay but WW's charm came from the fact that it looked like a cartoon - not a halfway attempt at being one like the WWHD looks. Their 'look at what our third parties are doing' video was hilariously bad.

Already knew (and like) Bayo 2 and X...so...yeah. Really underwhelmed and nothing to sell me on getting a Wii U anytime in the near future. I saw lots more at the Sony conference yesterday that I'd like to get, and even came out with more I was excited for games wise in the Microsoft conference.

I'll stick with my 3DS. It's a pokemon/animal crossing machine and has better games. Plus Smash Bros comes out on it too so in the even that it's awesome why do I need a Wii U haha. But I do know I really want a PS4 :V