A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Boost Development Thread

DashNK

Haven't you considered to move to a... Better Sonic engine like Sonic Worlds?

I don't know in which program the Super Ring Engine runs, but i recomend moving to another engine. It looks a little ugly, no offense to the creator of Super Ring Engine.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He uses that engine because the other engine doesn't let you build your project to a .exe without paying for Multimedia Fusion 2. And I think also because it doesn't have a follower system for Tails or whatever the heck...

I REALLY wish i could, but my birthday just passed. i couldnt have run multimedia fusion on my old pc anyways. it would slow down after a while. i had to get a new pc. and now that i DO have a new pc that actually works, i can finally work on my game. but i would have considered sonic worlds. but as Clu said:

"Not available in this version."

I've got mixed feelings about the inclusion of a Koopa as the main character but then again and its already being said numerous times, it's your game and I'm just nitpicking.

From watching the video, stage art looks very mixed due to how inconsistent the patterns are and sprite animations aren't aligned for some animations. This game is early in development so just pointing them issues for you to fix. Also, for the Koopa level showed in the video, you may want to remove that blue border around the top of the mountains.

Haven't you considered to move to a... Better Sonic engine like Sonic Worlds?

I don't know in which program the Super Ring Engine runs, but i recomend moving to another engine. It looks a little ugly, no offense to the creator of Super Ring Engine.

He's using Gamemaker so switching engines would require him learning something new all together. Besides, Super Rings was quite good when I tried it out as it was close to the Genesis physics.

He knows how to use Multimedia, he just uses Gamemaker because The Sonic Worlds engine is a great engine, but multimedia fusion 2 doesn't let you build your project into .exe form.

What. No, just...no. Do your research, kiddo.

With regards to the topic:

This doesn't looks so bad so far, I'm impressed. My only real nitpick would be something along the lines of "Don't mix art styles."

To go into more detail there, your backdrops look very incomplete, which in-and-of itself isn't a huge issue, given how early in development this is, it's something worth noting. Also, it would be wise, for presentation purposes, to make your debug and sensor objects invisible, because it's a little jarring to see a giant red block in the middle of nowhere.

Other than that, just polish things up before the next release, that's all I can tell you, since I don't use GM... I'm an MMF guy, sorry.

What do you mean, do my research? Trust me, I've sat there for 45 mins looking for a different button to press other than Build Project. Now tell me, what DOES put it into .exe form then?

File > Build > Application

Save as type: "Stand-alone applications (*.exe)"

It should take you a grand total of 10 seconds to find for the first time.

Hey, no need to be rude about it ya know, plus, your wrong,

[qimg]http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/7871/sjdao.png[/qimg]

LoWu1BT.png

EDIT: Oh, now I can see your image. My apologies. It looks like you're using a demo. Of course such a feature is not included there.

Again, please do your research. Retail versions can export in a variety of formats, including .exe

Anyway, all that said... Dash, if at all possible, I would recommend porting this to Worlds while you still have very little to port. The farther along you get, the harder it will be to do, should you choose to. I say this because, to my knowledge, most of us here use MMF and have at least glanced through Worlds' code, so we could help you out best if you used it, too.

Of course, you don't have to. There are probably quite a few people here who use GM, and though I'm not familiar with their names, I'm sure they'll reveal themselves to you if you ask.

Well, he has the 'demo' as well, and we are not exactly willing to go out to a store and pay for a version that really isn't all worth buying. (Funny how Construct Classic is a lot like Multimedia Fusion 2....)

Im gonna buy mmf2 if i can... I just got some birthday money in... dont wanna get into details. But just a question. Which mmf2 version do i get? Developer? or just mutlimedia fusion 2?

Yeah... uhm... about that... i think the moderators did it.

What languages do you speak again?

anyways, back on topic. Any one have a "clu" what version i should use for sonic worlds?

Dont worry clu. i wont say what i usually say. (heh heh) :P

Yeah... uhm... about that... i think the moderators did it.

What languages do you speak again?

anyways, back on topic. Any one have a "clu" what version i should use for sonic worlds?

Dont worry clu. i wont say what i usually say. (heh heh) :P

Yes, that was the mods. We refrain from talking about such things just in case.

As a whole, we speak English, though you can find a few who speak other languages on here, it's not worth the time. ...And most people will cry foul if you make a game in anything but English, anyway.

Either one works. Regular is cheaper by about $100, so that's what I have. They do the same things as of build 257. (Prior to that, Dev had some exclusive features.)

Currently, the only advantage to Dev is that you don't have to list ClickTeam in the game's credits if you charge for the game.

Oh ok. so i dont need developer for sonic worlds? thats good to know! :scool:

I really should figure out how to quote things. because i was talking to clu37 when i asked the language thing :/ But thanks anyways :P

I'm so tempted to say that I don't speak Japanese right about now...

Anyways, English... very Little German... some very small spanish... (I don't speak Japanese.........)

Now... on topic here... I can remix any midi's you need Dash. (And anyone else that wants one. :P)

I'm so tempted to say that I don't speak Japanese right about now...

Anyways, English... very Little German... some very small spanish... ""!!!"(I don't speak Japanese.........)"!!!""

Now... on topic here... I can remix any midi's you need Dash. (And anyone else that wants one. :P)

Finally figured out how to quote. and now, BUSTED!

EDIT2: I have mmf2! :D

anyways, everyone

I found an old sonic boost file, on my portable hard-drive

EDIT: It had My EXTREMELY old dash sprites in it.

had some odd things in it. Like no sonic for example O_o

It did, however, have a following system. very glitchy. But i can manage. i found a tutorial for a co-op screen, so no worries there

It has my megadrive/genesis Soundtrack, along with some other things i never seen...

I think thats it. Oh, and i am remaking my dash sprites into Mod.Gen

It seems that thee Jassbec's post has vaneeshed.

Yep, i didn't know i couldn't talk about piracy (I was part of various modding forums, so piracy is a common topic, sorry! :asweatdrop: )

@Dash: I personally use the Developer Version, i think it has more functions (i might be wrong) but they're only if you make your game from scratch (which you aren't) so i don't thing there is big differences between the two (For Sonic Fangaming purposes) versions. Just get the one that is cheaper.

I'm looking forward to seeing your game at SAGE!

HOW GOES THE BATTLE, MEN?

(Translation: How's it going in here? I haven't checked up on you guys in a while)

I am currently in the proccess of rebuilding great gorge... and re-spriting dash. I wish i could work faster.... I need time..... and lots of it...

@everyone

I am going to need to put everyhing I got into this game if im going to get it done. i get sidetracked too easily. Yet im not gonna give up! im gonna get my game done. and that's that! I honestly dont care what anyone wants me to do! i am gonna get my game done!

How was my speech...?

but yeah...

More focusing on this, less focusing on other things.

• 1 month later...