A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Boost Development Thread

DashNK

Before Sonic Rush, and after Sonic Heroes, Is when this game takes place.

Level List For Episode one:

https://sites.google.com/site/dashshouse/sonic-boost

I will possibly make 2 episodes depending on the way my pc acts.....

Storyline:

Alright Alright... Enough Small Talk, Outta the Way, Koopas in the house!

Heya. My name is Dash... Dash the koopa. Not just any other koopa on the block... no not just any.... I am the fastest koopa alive! Some say they have seen me run at a maximum Speed of 20,000 MPH. But that is not what I am here to talk about... One morning while my brother, Strike was Doing his daily run outside near the pond,l Something caught his eyes. He jumped in so that he could find what was glowing....

It was no ordinary Glowing rock, it was a sprint stone!

I felt something come across me...real or not.... I decided to start an adventure to see why it wasnt in its resting spot....

While running by the cliffsides, I saw smoke coming from the Crossroads Central Palace. Now this, I knew Was Bad.... I had to stop by to see what was going on...

Some shyguy... Named globeguy... That could Possibly shape the globe and switch dimensions with the power of a sprint stone, Was Terrorizing Great gorge. we followed him into the realm of the sword. with the sprint stone in my possession.....

Our time had come... We had to stop him... I felt it was our duty to protect the sprint stones from the grasps of evil... and Keep this world safe... Before he could enter another dimension! But that's just it, he already Opened... An.... anomaly?

It started sucking in the walls... And us!

I-I Dindnt know what to do... I grabbed the sword... and Swung!

I felt a Burst of light from my heart.. into my arms.. and the urge to say...

"SILVER! STRIKE!" So i did....

But missed The guy by a hair...

A rock then hit me on the head... Knocked me RIGHT OUT..

THe last words i heard was....

Strike: NO.... DASHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

????: hmmmmphh

"I then felt a slight gust of wind...."

-Dash

OLD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4a64srh-ElQ

309m3cx.png

sonic_zpscedd34ce.png

Coming Whenever possible...

In the meantime... You can talk about the Development about the game on this topic.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a good point. Its just a fangame, I am planning(in the future, when i have free time to work on another game) to work on a prequel. it basicly tells the story of Dash and Strike. I just had this fangame in my head. for far.. too... long....

Hope ya dont mind :P

EDIT: Didnt mean to sound self-centered nor Narcissistic

You have a good point. Its just a fangame, I am planning(in the future, when i have free time to work on another game) to work on a prequel. it basicly tells the story of me. I just had this fangame in my head. for far.. too... long....

Hope ya dont mind :P

It's your game, you can do whatever you want to do =P

Yeah.... Sorry about that, a couple of in-game Screenies added!(please ignore the fact it says tails instead of sonic(fourth image), it is something i am currently fixing.)

*sniff*

Don't EVER change that trailer music, bro...

Anyway, I can see you have a few technical issues, though they will all be ironed out, and you need to fix Dash's sprite, which jumps about a bit, but I will get started on those assets for you.

Also, may I suggest I move for Dash? To avoid making him a Sonic clone, omit the spindash-esque move and replace it with either:

An instant momentum move which just requires one button press, shooting Dash forward in shell spinning form.

Or/And a bubble shield/spindash move which can be preformed during a jump. Dash shoots down while in his shell and, when he hits the ground, starts spinning at his top speed. To avoid making this move over-powered, I'd suggest having some sort of time/ring restriction. After each downward dash, one must wait 10-20 seconds before performing another or the dash could cost somewhere between 5 and 15 rings.

The latter move could also be used for platforming puzzles, i.e.:

dashmove.png

1)Press "Z" and "Down" at the same time to dash downwards into the badnik

2)Then press "Z" and "Right" at the right time to get into the gap

3)Too late and you'll fall into the bottomless pit

4)Too early and you'll rebound off the wall into the bottomless pit

Interesting idea. Although Dash was originally Supposed to have a sword.(Great Gorge Zone, Boss Cutscene)

Like your second idea, it would need power for 2 different special attacks. and an interval of 15 seconds to use them.

I call them, and i always will:

Silver Strike(because it causes a lighting bolt)

Silver Blast(just like chaos blast. except, well, about 12% less powerful.)

Now for the soundtrack, Dear God, Here it comes

https://soundcloud.com/dash-sprint/beyonc-crazy-in-love-sonic

...Hey, it had that beat and Rythm ok? Not the real song(as in lyrics), just the Midi. I think i failed at music remixing already.

I think I should probably do some music for that...

Pro tip: Never use well established songs for two reasons:

1)Copyright (Duh)

2)You won't be bringing anything new. What you want to do is create something original; establish a new favourite track in the listeners' heads, that way, they'll keep going back to that level.

Thanks again Alex! As the song i posted was the old placeholder, I wont be using that. Do you think you could use some of the beats. and melodies, from it(yet a whole new song aswell)?

EDIT: I now want the OST to be creative as possible. from using samples of melodies(from sonic zones, and music from real people) to using samples of beats.

Trivia: I already have a Soundtrack. Its just a bunch of genesis remixes though, so it wont be used.

I want this to be a take on a OST In the style of LakeFeperd's Game(s)

Dude,don't even worry about the OST yet,you barely have anything done for the game at all as of yet.

And stop trying to be like Lake FFS,remember that BTS only recieved it's actual OST much AFTER the game was already done.The Beyonce remix was funny,but wasn't bad at all.Just do your thing,and stop trying to be like Lake.

Alright, it was just, i was inspired by him was all. I should stop and be a little more creative. I don't wanna be a copier.

Anyways. Thanks for the criticism. I need it. I have not Made a fangame before, just concepts.

Yeah...

I'll handle the OST (And try to get some others involved as well) but the OST needs to fit the levels. If I'm going to create an OST (as well as any others), I'll need to be able to play the game and see what I think would fit. It's like composing for a film. The composer watches the movie and then decides what would be a good soundtrack.

So in short, I'll worry about the OST but you need to actually make the game first.