A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

A few music producers?

DashNK

Hello der.

I need to make the best out of my game. i know i should stick with myself, but i only know how to do remixes, And Soundfonts.(as in applying them)

Anyone got free time? I need a new soundtrack for Sonic Boost, Don't worry, Ill worry about the Level Design and such, i just need a sound team.

I just started remaking some tracks..

Intro

Title

Great Gorge Zone

Act 1 (Has a theme, but is now a placeholder)

Act 2 (None)

Act 3 (None)

Special Act(Inspired by LakeFepard's Special acts, it will be the original zone Music. And It will have all 3 zone themes, if not all 3, atleast 2)

Boss Act(None)

Emerald Hill Zone

Act 1 (Needs a complete remake of the original song from sonic 2)

Act 2 and 3, (Same As act 1, but with a different style.)

Outstanding Ocean Zone

Act 1, 2, 3, SPECIAL, BOSS (None)

Shore Sight Zone

Same for OOZ

Balloon Boardwalk

Same For the last 2

Scarlet City

Same for the last 3

Forgotten Forest

Same.

Bionic Caves

Same...

Torture Tower

Same.

Iced Mountainside

Melting Cavern

Ash Atmosphere

Spaceshuttle Scamper

Cyber Sphere

Good Ending Theme

Bad Ending Theme

???(pm me for details about this one, if you are apart of the sound team that is... :P)

???(same here)

Credits

I will pitch in to help whatever way i can.... Even though I dont think i can do much, besides Spriting and Remixing(remixing as in small trys of generations remixes, mashups. that kind of stuff) Im hoping people like Falk, FunkFuction, Mr Lange, Andy Tunstall(ristar) And KGZ are availible. If they are stil workin on the ats soundtrack, I suppose I can get some others to help.

Thanks. -Dash

EDIT: f3idck.jpg Still needs work...

Also...

330y35u.jpg

Great Gorge Act 1 Start, I was gonna release Sonic Boost on the 20th of this Month as a demo, But I was tied up with some things....

(the 20th was my b-day btw :P)

From my own experience, I know for a fact you're not going to get any musicians from this post. First you need to show people your game and, if they like, they may decide to help out. If you show me what you've made so far and I like it, I'll help you out. Sorry to dampen your spirits, but that's the way things work.

Just a question and that i have never done this before(as in posted topics related to gaming), how would i share screen shots? i currently have four, the title screen(wip), and some levels

Just a question and that i have never done this before(as in posted topics related to gaming), how would i share screen shots? i currently have four, the title screen(wip), and some levels

You need to host your screenshots somewhere like photobucket, i personally use my internet site to host images.

Then just click the image with mountains icon in the post maker thing, insert the url of you image, and tah dah! You posted an image (right click on your image and click on "open image in another tab" copy that url)

Don't know if you already figured it out, i'm just trying to be useful.

Like that? xP

Well Back on topic. I am working as hard as i can to get my level designing skills shot up... But come to think of it, i need a whole team put into this game. My Friend Clu37(still waiting to get confirmed... we're chatting on skype) and I Need a Sound team aswell. That's why i came here to ask for help, and to help out aswell(as much as i can, anyways.) I hope i can get some help on this game. Now that i think about it, i have a realistic soundfont i use in FL Studio. If only I knew how to make music from scratch..... I can apply the realistic soundfont to midis, But i would like to have songs made of midis, from scratch.

Thats all i can think of right now. Only got 2 hours of sleep.(very tired in other words V_V)

Now we're getting somewhere, i really like Great Gorge, get a little more progress and when you least expect it, BAM! you have an entire team... i still have no idea how that happened to me,lol.

I suggest you work on the title screen, the color scheme is, really ugly, but i'm sure you can do something better ^^

EDIT: you should add some effect like rippling water on the background.

When does SAGE take place? I think in august? if so, i wanna go ahead and get a jumpstart... But first I should ask Lake something, I found his running sprites.(Max-Speed running aswell, they were used in BTS) I Should ask the rest to him personally.

EDIT: Yeah, that might be a problem. I dont have 10 posts, oh well..... I will ask him as soon as possible.

When does SAGE take place? I think in august? if so, i wanna go ahead and get a jumpstart... But first I should ask Lake something, I found his running sprites.(Max-Speed running aswell, they were used in BTS) I Should ask the rest to him personally.

EDIT: Yeah, that might be a problem. I dont have 10 posts, oh well..... I will ask him as soon as possible.

around august-september.

• 3 weeks later...

So you want an original soundtrack for your fangame. Professional, even.

Good luck.

No offense, but if you really want a professional soundtrack for your game, put in the effort. Impress people; make them go "MANIKNOWTHISISAFANGAMEANDALLBUTTHISISIRRESISTABLETOWRITEMUSICFOR". I really could just plop you the entirety of Can of Nothing: Project Flash (not that I am), but I want you to learn. If you want something, give something in return. Be it payment, the satisfaction of looking at a majestic, complete game the musician would be proud of or that old Sega Genesis in the attic, there's gotta be something in return unless you happen to find another Falk just looking for portfolio work (and even then, he was impressed with Before the Sequel).

For the record, people like Falk and I didn't do BTS/ATS to increase portfolio work. All of the composers love the Sonic franchise, and we really enjoy working with Lake.

I can only speak for myself but right now I can't work on more fan games because I need to work on projects that can generate income.

There are tons of young musicians like us who are hoping for an opportunity like this. Show them that you are dedicated, organized, and have an actual plan of how and when you'll complete this game.

Welp... Falk. Sorry for the misunderstanding, KgZ! (Please forgive me- WAITWAITWAITDONTCLICKTHATBLOCKBUTTON)

But still, the rest of my post still stands. Before the Sequel was actually completed before Falk picked it up - and it's one of the best fangames made out of Sonic Worlds. It might be a good idea to impress the musicians like that, yeah? Like, they'd be proud of their music being used in a game of such quality?

• 3 weeks later...

Well here dude. Are you looking for Genesis styled instruments or are you looking for something more modern? I had a whole genesis sound system set up but a motherboard crash kinda ruined that for me. I have all my GarageBand stuff though. I can always put a little thing together for your gorge level or something.