A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Duck Tales WOO-OO

OverbounD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G6d1A2row6I

Did you guys see this? Capcom is remastering Duck Tails from the NES as a downloadable game. The look of the game is amazing and from what I read on Destructoid the game offers 1:1 control accuracy from the NES game, while offering newer players the option to play with easier controls.

It's being made WayForward and they are said to have rewatched the entire Duck Tales series before making the game. It really looks like a labor of love and I'm really excited.

Capcom is also said to be working on a new Megaman game but they haven't given out any details. I hope it turns out something like this.

Obligatory Sonic Comment: Why can't Sega make a Sonic game like this god damn it. 1:1 physics and either 16-bit or hand drawn graphics. And no Generations doesn't count. They removed all the in level shields and the rolling physics are broken. WTF Sega WTF.

Man, I remember how much I suffered until I mastered the pogo stick. Good to see it's going to help prevent people from suffering with it again.

I also read that the original voice cast will work on it, even Scrooge's actor who is freaking 94 years old now.

The potential is great on this one.

Obligatory music comment: MOON FUCK YEAH

Hope they do the same with Chip and Dale...

Beautiful.

Now, they should remaster Darkwing Duck from NES. Every blue moon i wake up with a tune from that game in my head.

Obligatory Sonic Comment: Why can't Sega make a Sonic game like this god damn it.

With all the work they put into the mediocre Sonic 4 cash-ins, they could have legitimately "remastered" any of the genesis sonic titles in this similar fashion and made an even greater cash-in. I'm never paying for Genesis sonic ports ever again (unless in the fashion of Taxman's port), but i'd eat this shit up all day.

completely redrawn background art, 1:1 gameplay and legit add-ons. That would be better than any Sonic 4 or 5 episode. Because lets all be honest, they'll never get the oldschool sonic formula right.

I just saw the trailer for this, and I cannot wait for it to hit the Nintendo EShop.

(Though strangely, the only footage I got to see was what looked like Scrooge's manor and the Transylvania stage. Can't wait to see what the Amazon and the Moon look like.)