A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

3D Chao Garden Online

WOW, amazing Project! =D

the arms must alittle small and short than that.

and, who is the blue thing (chao?)?

That is a temporary replacement for the character people can use in the game.

I will be editing the models a bit over time as I continue development

Sorry for not responding quick enough. College has been on my mind for a bit and had to get things done.

Here is new screenshots:

screenshot108f.png

screenshot109d.png

screenshot111m.png

I added shading and some lighting to the game.

• 3 weeks later...

Appearances are everything, at least that's what I think.

Since the map as of this moment seems pretty barren and lacking in some areas, I would suggest taking a look at real world examples of gardens, parks, etc, so you can make a better map. Adding things like bushes, small streams, even some hills can all affect positively how it's perceived.

Don't try to tackle everything at once, as I'm sure you know already, it'll just become frustrating. Instead, work in stages: add all of one thing, then another, then another, and so on and so forth.

I love the idea of a Chao Garden for PC, keep up the good work man! c:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Are there any update on this project? What langauge is used etc?

Do you want any worlds built? and will there be an offline option for a single player kind of thing?

Sorry everyone for the long time till the next update. Online functions have now been added.

Yes, there will be an offline option, especially for profile and personal gardens. At the moment, the map is still being designed, but as it is designed I will need models. Thank you for the help.

Update pictures coming real soon.

Figured as much :P So what all will we be able to do with the chao in the stress test?

Users will be able to make accounts, create their chao, and start leveling up their chao. Much of it is merely people getting their chao stats up and testing them. If lucky, people will be able to customize their chao a bit.

• 2 months later...