A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic The Hedgehog Rtx

GhostTH

Sonic 2006 COULD'VE BEEN a good game. What fucked it up what its glitches and the messy way the story evolves. Boss and level concepts and music are insanely good, though.

Please, if you're remaking Sonic 2006, make sure you're making a decent thing, not just remaking SEGA's mistakes or just importing level maps from the original game itself.

EDIT: PLEASE, not that horrible Sonic model from 2006 with that dumb running anim... I beg you, please... use a decent one... T.T

• 4 months later...

It's not an "alpha", it's a video. Saying like that seems like you've released an alpha demo.

Also the lighting looks awfully dark for a beach enviroment and the white colored light doesn't do the trick to give the needed atmosphere try changing it to light-yellow and in the World Settings, I belive under lightmass settings change to shadows to blue/purple this should give a better feel and don't make the shadows seems so intense. You can also play around with post process chains, they can make your scenes looks way more saturated and good looking.

This is one of my videos, so you can have an idea of how an yellow-ish light and purple shadows give a waaaay better mood to an beach scene.

This other one show how powerful post process chains can be if set right

I know this seems like I'm doing publicity for my videos, but it was the only two references I could think of that were using GDK.

Also reducing the intensity of your normal maps should help to tone down the darks a little bit.

Good luck.

Indeed, 06 is too far gone. You'd have to start from scratch if you wanted to 'undo' its mistakes.

From what I've seen in the video I'm not too hopeful of this considering near the end you ended up flying through a few things to your death. I'm not giving you too much flack at the moment though about it because its your first alpha release, but thats exactly the sort of things that happened in 06. So you can understand why I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Fix your springs and your dash pads. You couldn't even make it across near the end of the level (not the mach speed, the one before that)

Also can you actually die in the water yet? You seemed to have no trouble walking on it.

I am interested in which potential direction you take with this though once more time is put into this. I'll make a video about it soon to better help you out.

• 1 month later...