A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Coding sprites to 360 [GM8]

GiriX

alright, so I'm dinking around in this engine, and the sprite for the character is going fine, but the rolling animation is not the shape of a ball like Sonic.

Now you may be wondering, what the heck does that have to do with anything relative? It's very important!

Question:

My character has full 360 degree movement with the engine, and the running sprites are coded to rotate 360 with the character, how do I make the rolling sprites rotate 360 as well?

note: I'm using the Super Ring Engine for this

I'm not sure of anything involving your particular engine, but probably somewhere you'll find code responsible for sprite rotation. This is usually done by setting object.angle. Within this block you'll probably find exceptions made to certain animations/states such as being in ball mode or perhaps inclusions based on being in the running animation. Either way, you want to make the rolling state the opposite of what it is. If it isn't included in that section, include it. If it is included in that section, remove it.