A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Rumor: XIII Versus cancelled

Serephim

Yeah, if you put black magic marker over 1/4th of the disc, starting from the boot sector you will glitch the game to unlock Reks for the whole game.

And serious moment now:

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/23/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-not-canceled-says-square-enix-ceo/

Very happy to hear that, versus 13 was something I've been looking forward to. Did you guys know this game was announced back in 2006???? 6 years in a development, how nuts is that?

Good to hear.

I'll take you guys' advice and just not listen to Kotaku anymore. This is like the second time this year they've gotten something wrong.

It was hard to swallow in the first place. I was wondering how Square could complete entire CG movie segments, a complete gameplay video and all this other crap just to scrap it. Were the rumor true, it would pretty much mean the death of Square's work ethic in my eyes.

Not to mention, the FFXIII and XIII Versus teams were different from the start.

Sereph, I downloaded the international version of 12 with the special job license boards (I own the original version, I think I'm entitled to play this one), I'm going to give it another damn try, perhaps the job boards will make me happy. There's also a bunch of other excellent changes to the system, so we'll see.

I think perfection in FF13's battle engine lies in FF12's approach. All Final Fantasy XIII did was have you run around and fight anyway. Square even mentioned that early in XIII's development, you were able to control your character's movement on the battle screen. Why not simply remove the transitions from FFXIII?

Oh that's easy. They were afraid that if they ever gave you more than two seconds to think about your next action you'd realize how little you can actually do in battles in that game.