A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

I would like to start a fan game

Hello, I've been a composer here for a little bit, like 5 months?

Anyways, the titles a bit of a lie, I'd like to make just one stage to see if i could make a fan game. I don't think its too out of the question, wasn't before the sequel lakes first attempt with a fan game?

so yeah, long drawn out intro done. I have no idea where to begin or how to do anything, I would just like some advice on what engine to use and how to use it, if thats not too much to ask.

Know your program first because jumping to an engine without knowing at least the basics is dumb. So you are using MMF2, did you check the "Chocolate Break" demo/tutorial?, it's pretty much how you will be using MMF2. Also, the program has a manual in its installation folder, a PDF file. Give it a read, it will give you a glance of the program's functions. Once you are familiar with everything, check Clickteam's tutorials or Nivrams MMF2 tutorials.

You're starting a fangame? Nice! You should use MMF2 so I can help you out with any problems your having xD. If you need an engine I can give you a quick one I based of blazefire's?

Edit: You could try to make a stage for the sonic advance 2 collab to see if you wanna make a fangame.

Okay... Well, just go get some tiles, set them to Obstacle or give them the qualifiers 0 or 1 and start exploring. MMF2 really doesn't have a learning curve, you just figure it out...

It very, very much so has a learning curve. Ive been using Clickteam shit since middleschool and before i switched to construct there was still crap i didnt know about it.