A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Diablo 3

ila

It's out tonight! Are you excited? I'm excited. Get excited!

I plan on starting off as a Demon Hunter. I've always favored ranged in these type of games, and her backstory intrigues me the most. Depending on who is interested I might post by battletag here, but as of now I already have a whole backlog of people to play the game with.

Seriously. GET. EXCITED. (Haters go suck on a spoon)

^ I second the haters go suck on a spoon, don't even bother posting in this thread if it's for hate.

I enjoyed demon hunter in the beta, but I'm going to be playing a monk right off the bat they are so much fun, you can alter your autoswing to be a teleport strike!

I too have a huge backlog of peeps to be playing with, but I see myself playing this game for a long time, so I'm sure we'll all get some playtime in at some point.

EDIT: one of hte major complaints everyone is going to hear is how streamlined and not anything like Diablo 2 this game is. Well I for one enjoy the changes, it still retains gear, it still retains moves that can be altered to a huge degree now. The biggest change that I really enjoy is the focus on the action now, also all loot that drops is yours and yours alone :D.

I love the fact that stat points have been done away that that you can switch out skills and runes freely. Especially considering EVERY D2 build eventually followed the same formula of pumping VIT and getting 75 DEX.

The focus is going to be on the gear, and that makes it more thrilling for me. Work tonight is going to feel so slow.

There's also going to be the ability to make some cash on the side by selling those items you don't want on the real money auction house :D. I know bliz takes a small cut, but I can see it being quite a useful tool for the people that play hard and the people that want to pimp their characters out with minimal effort.

I like how watching cutscenes is basically impossible due to constant buffering.

I got about an hour and a half in before getting kicked out due to server issues.

My sexy wizardess is pretty pimp though.

EDIT: I also don't really understand how having 78% of the game downloaded makes it 'optimal'. I would think that would be 'OK', or 'decent enough', (as opposed to playable, which is like... it works, but ehhhh) but you know... optimal sort of means it's as good as it can be, and how can that be if you are still missing over 20% of the game?

I'm currently working on Act 3. I've take a lot of time to just stop and look at the scenery. The backgrounds an scope of the game are so huge compared to the older games. Which makes sense I guess, but it's still pretty awesome. As expected, the ability to freely swap skills has been incredibly useful as I keep finding new situations for some of my earlier runes.

Yes I definitely don't weep for the removal of talent trees, as this is a much more fun way to build a class, with the main set of moves and the runes that alter said moves. I've had a lot of fun swapping around runes on my moves for things that can work the bosses into putty.

• 2 years later...

SO. I know this is technically grave digging but The Ultimate Evil Edition comes out tomorrow. I'm tempted to pick it up for PS3, as the little bit of the console version I played was a ton of fun. But that little bit (probably less than thirty minutes) is all the Diablo experience I have. Question I'm posing to you guys (if anyone has the console game of course:) Should I get this game despite never playing Diablo before?

Diablo diehards will tell you to avoid it, but I think Diablo 3's console versions lend itself well to the good ol' pick up and play style. I know I plan on picking up the PS4 version today and importing my character from PS3.

There is some lore that you might miss, but all you need to know is kill stuff.