A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic "Forever" Alpha Demo - Release

tumblr_m1tie85Vec1r8z4qq.png

http://blaze.letsvideogame.com/download/SonicForever_4-1-2012.rar (18.1mb)

Looks can be deceiving.

Everything's a work in progress, especially the music. Tweaker offered to do music for me months and months ago, but I told him I wanted to wait until the game was a lot farther along before I worried about music. But, uh, well, yeah. I will probably need a new musician at some point, but I'm not even going to think of that just yet.

Obviously, the boss isn't done. I have concept art sketched out, but it's just a matter of finding time to implement him. I really need to get off my ass and do more on this game, really, but I've had other commitments that have come first.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew it was something related to this. That's a general meme right now.

Happy April Fools, btw. Nice trolling.

18mb is a bit big for a troll, don't you think?

I couldn't get past the joystick2.mfx error :(

Which makes no sense because I have it

Why on earth would it require you to have that? o_O

18mb is a bit big for a troll, don't you think?

Yes. I think it's also possible that you just got the Sonic Worlds' Test Level, swapped some graphics and put it here, I dunno. That's perfectly possible.

Whatever... if there's some way to access this, I'm probably not gonna know today.

I couldn't get past the joystick2.mfx error :(

Which makes no sense because I have it

Why on earth would it require you to have that? o_O

Trolling the troll. Funny

up down left right? well, it works actually

there is 2 levels on this from what i know so far

Edit 2: finally i've got to play act 1, 2 and 3

i still dont know the pattern but at least i was able to play all of them

... maybe there is more... probably not, the boss in act 3 doesnt work. =P

Edit:i don't know why but playing as modern sonic is awesome

Your Modern Sonic needs some adjustment on the acceleration. It isn't that slippery on Generations... well, at least I think

EDIT: Making boost less limited, homing attack while uncurled in mid-air and magnetic boost would also be fun

EDIT2: Me and Lake just happened to figure it all out.

The key is always in the past; it change forms through time.
From the first steps you took,
Until where your ending was split in two.

But it is also truth
That up, above, in the sky,
There may be a way to, again,
Come back to Earth.

Sorry, couldn't just spoil to you guys the thing, it's so funny to discover. Try to interpretate it.

God I hope I'm not acting like Balough

EDIT3: Figured the rest of it properly with DNL's help and updated the poem.

Your Modern Sonic needs some adjustment on the acceleration. It isn't that slippery on Generations... well, at least I think

EDIT: Making boost less limited, homing attack while uncurled in mid-air and magnetic boost would also be fun

EDIT2: Me and Lake just happened to figure it all out.

The key is always in the past; it change forms through time.
From the first steps you took,
Until where your ending was split in two.

But it is also truth
That up, above, in the sky,
There may be a way to, again,
Come back to Earth.

Sorry, couldn't just spoil to you guys the thing, it's so funny to discover. Try to interpretate it.

God I hope I'm not acting like Balough

EDIT3: Figured the rest of it properly with DNL's help and updated the poem.

It is worth mentioning that this started about two years ago, before Sonic Generations was even announced. I was basing it more off of Sonic Unleashed.

It's also kind of a cheap attempt at balance, among a handful of other reasons. It should also go without saying, but Act 3 is the most recent version of controls and effects and such. Some of the options in the debug menu only work for Act 3 right now.

It is worth mentioning that this started about two years ago, before Sonic Generations was even announced. I was basing it more off of Sonic Unleashed.

It's also kind of a cheap attempt at balance, among a handful of other reasons. It should also go without saying, but Act 3 is the most recent version of controls and effects and such. Some of the options in the debug menu only work for Act 3 right now.

Hm, I see.

Yeah, I noticed how you put the engine's version on the HUD's footer.

Awesome job you got there, as you always do. Can't wait for more.

I've figured out how to access Act 1 and Act 3, but not Act 2. xD; This is a pretty clever way of having people work for it in order to be able to test the entire game.

That being said, I think Modern Sonic's gameplay feels the most polished, which is interesting considering I haven't played any Sonic games beyond Adventure 2 (aside from the Advance series). And that Genesis remix of Leaf Forest is suh-wheat. ^_^ Aside from that, the levels are pretty open-ended and nothing feels forced, which is fantastic for a first zone.

oh%20lol.PNG

Ahahaha, wait what?

Edit: Dem default SonicWorlds sprites. OH GAWD.

Oh shit Modern Sonic was a nice surprise. I like the way you pulled that off. Very nice work with that.

EditEdit:

Knuckles%20is%20stuck.PNG

This is the second time I've seen this problem in any form of SonicWorlds. I'm guessing nobody has tried fixing it yet? Maybe adjust the top sensor for knuckles specifically?