A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

So, FFXIII-2

Serephim

I think the only vocal track that really bothered me would be the the "Limit Break" boss theme.

Thankfully, the Square Enix localization team isn't completely retarded, and removed the rap lyrics from the Bresha Ruins in the overseas version of the game.

Sunleth Waterscape in XIII was probably the most awkward point in the game because those lyrics came out of absolutely nowhere, and were kind of cheesy, but after a while it kind of grows on you.

Most of the lyrical songs in this game are pretty catchy to me though. The battle theme "Paradigm Shift" is almost as good as "Blinded by Light" in my opinion.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that song is extremely situational, if im not mistaken it only shows up in one occasion.

Im happy they removed the Bresha Rap because it just doesn't work very well over here. English is our native language and rap is mainstream over here, so throwing an english rap in the game to loop over and over isn't going to do anything but turn heads and annoy everyone. I think a good localization team notices when and when not to alter things to fit the location you're releasing it in.

That said, while i dont mind the english main theme for XIII-2, the Japanese theme for XIII sounded amazing and fit the theme of the game way better than Leona Lewis' song. Leona Lewis is a wonderful artist, but it's like they just plucked a random song from her album to stick on the game just for the sake of localizing it better.

I didn't mind it in the first atlas battle theme though because it actually sounded awesome.

A better and simple explanation.

Nobuo and Hamauzu have diferent styles, and I like Nobuo's more.

While I agree on what you said that XIII (and XIII-2) have amazing battle themes, I didnt like the overworld music. Not for being bad, the music itself is really good, but it doesnt fit with such a (suposed) emotional story and it didnt get to put me inside the story, how Uematsu did.

That's what I was talking about when I said magic : /

I Still havn't fought the final bosses. But I'm Nearing 150 Fragments, including 3 of the alternate endings, and I have actually started to explore the final chapters map, and DAMN, every chapter this game has gotten cooler.

By the way bro, Unweakened Atlas Hits like a bus making that a fun fight (Fuck yeah, 5 star rating!). You get the same amount of CP as the weakened version, but you get some "different" rewards instead that make it totally worth it to fight him once.

The battle against Gorgya was pretty interesting and very unique battle too.

It's selling pretty well at the walmart I work at. We fucking sold out of PS3 copies, and rather quickly I might add. That sort of thing rarely happens here.

On the topic of music.

-Noel's theme during ch.5

-Suddenly noticing Noel's theme mixed in other songs.

And seriously, Limit break is amazing, although a bit...startling.

I Still havn't fought the final bosses. But I'm Nearing 150 Fragments, including 3 of the alternate endings, and I have actually started to explore the final chapters map, and DAMN, every chapter this game has gotten cooler.

By the way bro, Unweakened Atlas Hits like a bus making that a fun fight (Fuck yeah, 5 star rating!). You get the same amount of CP as the weakened version, but you get some "different" rewards instead that make it totally worth it to fight him once.

The battle against Gorgya was pretty interesting and very unique battle too.

It's selling pretty well at the walmart I work at. We fucking sold out of PS3 copies, and rather quickly I might add. That sort of thing rarely happens here.

On the topic of music.

-Noel's theme during ch.5

-Suddenly noticing Noel's theme mixed in other songs.

And seriously, Limit break is amazing, although a bit...startling.

Gorgya startled the hell out of me, because she almost killed me, and i fought her AFTER i beat the game (and you get her sidequest pretty early IIRC.) Which leads me to believe the bosses on this game actually scale to your level somewhat, similar to in the previous ones. I also was not expecting Doom to actually pop up in this game.

Lightning and Aldomar got pretty easy now that i know how to fight them, but jeeze to someone of equal level, you've got a battle on your hands. They actually switch paradigms the way your party does, and you have to act accordingly. (And their cure heals like 10k+ health at a time.)

The battle is significantly easier once one of them is taken down, though. Ive only had lightning by her self, but she starts to use Army of One when you corner her, and it almost kills my sentinel monster when she does since she buffs before she starts, and i cant seem to dispel her.

The final boss themes are awesome as hell. I really like the Bresha Ruins theme (the one after atlas is killed, i THINK it plays in Oerba too). I love how varied the music is, since they use some themes from XIII as well. It made Acadamia even more awesome to explore.

I just beat it, and oh my gawd.

Really solid ending honestly. What drugs are people on that they expected something else to happen anyway?

They had it all spelled out before then, and it all makes sense. I understand people being emotionally frustrated with it. I know I fucking am, but that doesn't make it bad.

Credits just finished and wow, the item you unlock for completing is pretty fucking cool, and I can already see a few spots I can make use of it, I don't want to spoil what it is, but I can't believe no one thought of this!

...Now I'm really interested about collecting the fragments, and seeing what that does to the ending.

I don't know about bosses scaling to your level, I think most of the extra bosses are just really, really, really tough.

They have to. I dont know what level you were when you fought Gorgya, but i had at least two classes maxed out already -- i should have wrecked the shit out of that boss. It takes like 1000 CP for me to even go up a node anymore lol.

But most importantly, people have actually managed to get to the final boss without any form of crystarium usage.

And about the ending, something i found really interesting. And also very important. :

If you go back to New Bohdam 700AF (the destroyed and decayed version), all of the fragments there seem to be messages, from the future, from noel and serah themselves. Noel's seems to speak of hard times ahead of him. I didn't think much of it, until i found Serah's. Her message to herself seems to be from an unknown place, but she mentions that she has no regrets of her situation. So im almost positive this is from the future after the ending where she's dead.

Noel is sending himself a message to not give up after the gate opens and everything goes to hell. Serah, on the other hand, doesn't seem so optimistic, yet she mentions that she has no regrets about the way things turned out.

I think its stuff like that through the game that makes me really like Serah as a character. Unlike the other female FF leads, she feels extremely straight and determined in accomplishing what she feels that she needs to do. This is shown in a few paradox endings as well.

I've had no issues with Noel the entire game either, though i definitely expected to judging from initial footage i saw before i played the game. He just seems like a really cool guy. I had a hard time swallowing that he was only 18 years old, though. He actually looks a bit older.

Edit:

Wow about that no crystarium usage, it appears it WAS possible in XIII as well. God damn, these people are ridiculous. Shit blew my mind. I guess weapon upgrades go a long way. As for this game :

It's been done. I saw the videos on Youtube. There are monsters whose feral links provide Protect and Shell. Healing is done through Potions and Wound Potions. HP can be increased through accessories. Monsters are progressively stronger as you get deeper into the story. Jammer monsters can weaken bosses. Defender monsters can distract bosses. And even when all hope appears to be lost and there's this one attack you can't survive, there's a monster whose feral link provides auto-life on the whole party.

I dont think anyone has beaten the final boss yet though...

Bro, I have about 150 fragments, I've had a couple classes maxed since

I currently have only 1 expansions left to reach the cap. And 1200CP per crystal. So I was about your level at gorgya. I'm a bit of a power gamer when it comes to a good RPG, XD, so I've been overleveled through a good chunk of the game, unfortunately.

...so I've been thinking about playing the game again after reaching 100%, but as quickly as possible and at a low level to make it more challenging this time around.

Also...Any tips on Giant's Fist achievement (99,999 Damage)? I see this being really difficult, even at my current levels. I can get around 40K or 50K with Noel's Ultimate but that's only about halfway to the damage cap, I'm not really trying to get it at this point, I'm just surprised it still seems so far away.

in XIII that would be a no-brainer, but damage seems a tad more exclusive in this one.

Im assuming you'll need a pretty nice weapon and accessories.

I have yet to really get into weapon upgrading. But as i get stronger, it's becoming a bit easier to kill things.

In a while i might turn it on to see if i can finally stand a chance against those red behemoths right before the last battle....

I was grinding on Don Tonberry for a ridiculous amount of time trying to get the achievement for obtaining his crystal, I didn't get it, but luckily the items he drops are pretty damn valuable, so I made a fortune off of him, and got 2 of the Seredipity Fragments in a flash.

At this point I have 4 fragments left.

100% bestiary - Working on this now, its actually not all that difficult at all if you've got a guide, and have obtained a couple of key skills. Still frustrates me that this fragment exists

Yomi - I could probably beat this, but I'd rather get most of the bestiary out of the way, at least until I max all the stats out.

Long Gui - Same as Yomi, I just don't have a enough patience to beat these guys right now more then anything.

And the last fragment I have to get is, well...

OH MY GOD THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING WITH THIS SLOT MACHINE?!

7,777 coins won on the slot machine...why? This is pure luck. I don't seem to be gaining anything, I've got the control wedged in place so autoplay will keep going. Hopefully I'll get something out of it, but damn this mini-game is an awful waste of time.

Yeah im trying to beat Yomi right now.

Long story short, regular tactics ( Chain up > Stagger > Damage ) seems to be damn near impossible.

Long Gui is easy for me because he's like Adamantoise from XIII except nerfed for the most part. Make sure you have a Sen/Sen/Sen avaliable for whenever he casts Ultima / Quake / whatever. Perhaps carry some Remedy for his Roar stun. Take out his legs first, as soon as he falls, Deprotect / Deshell (and i guess buff if you have a Synergist, but i dont use them), go Cerberus and rape its face off.

My first battle with him was like 38 minutes. I redid the battle with my Golden Chocobo and almost killed him in 2 drops, but i got overly eager and got wiped out by an Ultima when he had a mere 200k HP left.

He does a crapload of damage, and it seems that no matter what, even if Im on Sen/Sen/Sen, Ultima STILL seems to always kill Serah.

Edit:

Okay. Poison is the ONLY fucking thing that can damage Yomi. Nothing else works at all. I dont know why i've never used it on anything else before, but im guessing it does %-based Tick damage because it does some wicked damage to his lifebar. Seeing as he has 1,000,000, im guessing any %-based tick would do alot of damage.

And that slot machine is fucking asinine. I dont think im ever gonna get that fragment. I actually looked it up, people say the best method is to just hold down L1 overnight or some dumb shit.

It's absolutely retarded. I can see getting all the monsters, thats understandable, but those slot machines are terrible lol.

okay, Yomi is easier than i thought. Poison does exponential damage to him. It's pointless to try to damage him with anything else, because his barrier negates all Chain bonuses and heals him for ridiculous amounts.

I guess he's the "Guide Dang It" boss of XIII-2. I love bosses like him, because for a good hour ive been trying to think of a reason why on earth they'd design a monster that would literally take hours of chipping through regular battle methods. When you get desperate, i guess you start to notice little things like him being a boss without an immunity to Poison.

Before he died, i pulled up the scan and he had like 68,000 HP left. I dropped the scan to finish the battle. like 5 seconds later, he was dead.

Poison is no joke 0_o

And neither is this fucking boss, jesus christ 20,000 points, 48,000 Gil, and a fragment that gives another 30,000 CP. God. Damn.

yeah apparently it was. I never fought most of the marks on XIII though because the process got boring.

Attacus at the end of the Titan Trials was probably the most fun i had got out of the side content. I was hoping there'd be more optional areas similar, but there wern't.

And Attacus as a enemy was just really awesome to fight. Probably the coolest Cie'th design in the game. Enemies like that cie'th, Cid Raines, Caius, and that element changer (Lightning/Hope boss in XIII) and similar battles are where XIII / XIII-2's battle engine shines the most.

My serah can actually survive Long Gui's Ultima move in SEN,SEN,SEN. You have to buff her with accesories and spells to survive it, which is why a SEN that can buff is so freaking nice. Course You got to save your buffs for when the thing falls anyway.

Haha poison, why didn't I think of that? I kept trying to dispell his shit. It was working though, but it was taking way too long.

For anyone who's having trouble with the clock puzzles...I refuse to check the internet for a algorithm for solving them like a wimp, but in my desperation i've found the key method to solving them.

It's actually extremely simple. Before you start picking numbers, simply find the one number on the clock that you cannot reach though any other space on the board. This will always be your starting point, which narrows your movement choices down considerably. Unless the board changes if you fail (which usually only seems to happen when there's more than one solution to the issue), you shouldn't have to retry more than like 3 times.

Then simply do some thinking ahead, and you're finished : D

I love this puzzle lol