A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Making New sprite Lib

For those of you who saw the post by Rogue trooper (me in disguise:p )

You may be wondering where those badniks have gone.

I've been working on a bulk sprite project that was originally going to be for Chris senn's Sonic Xtreme Page but unfortunatly one of the group decided to come clean and claim the findings were a hoax. Nevermind.

I have finished Series one badniks from the first game and am now moving on to the rest... All made in MerlinVR and animated using Alice3D

badniks.jpg

Free sprite sheet XD

ssheet.png

coco.jpg

octo.jpg

Silver.jpg

What i need to know is if people were wanting these as seperate Libs or just wait until i finished everything and relese it as a massive collection.

*edit*

If people can post crits then that would be great, also until i reach my 10 post limit i may not be able to PM anyone yet ^_^

• Like 1

Wow, nice work!

This is something I'll definantly want to use in the "Coconut Engine" parts of my game...

Releasing them seperatly for each game isn't a bad idea and probably the best way, but whether or not you want to wait till they're all done to do that makes no difference to me.

I cant' find anything I don't really like... I'm liking Silver Sonic a lot though... Let's just say, if you get that one done, I'll have another boss battle type to add to Sonic's Vacation...

Ohh sorry for the late reply Laptop went to sleep ^_^

I've had a look at the software im using which i got of 3Dworld magazine.

My version of Merlin VR (1.2) that i have doesnt save as anything other than *.VR models which are around 28 - 30 MBs each (yes Huge 0.o)

The animator Alice99 is like a really basic program but can read .vr models, i guess thats why they were on the freebee disc Together. Free and easy and kinda like messing with Playdoh (not that i play with Playdoh ;D)

Erm so i dont think i'll be releasing them after all seeing how it would take pretty much a whole day to send someone just one 28mb model -__- on my crappy connection.

I'll try and find out if there was a free update for Merlin or some sort of converter that can change them to .3ds, That should at least bring the file size down.

Kelly!! Omg your still here ^_^

I have been doing those advance style stuff over the years, but i flitted from one thing to the next so nothings really got finished. Maybe once these badniks are done i'll go back, but im making no commitments:p

It's weird how you say years, we've all been here so long, it's incredible. And great work as usual man, I think you should just release it all together, rather than in pieces.