A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Impulse buying

FanGameRevolver

Copya Pasta from the insider:

Aparently I wont find an excuse to buy a modern console until almost a decades of its existence.

...BUT

-Throw in a Poster in and I'll buy Final Fantasy on release date.

-Notify me that there's a limited printed of a game that might as well called, "Excuse to buy a sega" and I'll buy a $50 game for a severely outdated console.

-Tell me that I get 15% of games when I buy them With said Sega, And apparently I'll buy a terrible (yet awesomely nostalgic) game called Hard Drivin'

Picture310.jpg

-I currently Own over a dozen games I have yet to complete.

-I have yet to even play 4 of the games I own.

-Nor do I have the time for all of this.

Clearly I have a problem.

Picture311.jpg

Lets discuss buying habits.

Essepecially mine. -On the brighter side I haven't bought cards in loooooooong time, so games are about the only non-essential item I buy.

Related Video to spur Discusion:

I've been trying to buy up a lot of Battle Angel lately, and other comics. Those are my impulse buys these days. Nothing from DC though, or really even any of the other major players except Image I guess (for Orc Stain). Been stocking up as much as I can on Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, and the original series (fucking out of print books some of them >:( ).

Also ate up Redline, should arrive here soon.

Its a cheaper habit than games I guess, if I was into a lot of superhero stuff it probably wouldn't be but I'm not so I guess my impulse buys are pretty lax.

I got a lot of respect for you if you actually go out and earn that money to buy that stuff... If you earned it then its your money man and you should be able to buy whatever you want with it and enjoy it, you deserve it (Y)

If you've just been fed money though then theres no sense of really enjoying your games..

I got a lot of respect for you if you actually go out and earn that money to buy that stuff... If you earned it then its your money man and you should be able to buy whatever you want with it and enjoy it, you deserve it (Y)

If you've just been fed money though then theres no sense of really enjoying your games..

Impulse buying for me is seeing a shit ton of ex-GOTY games up on Steam for $2-$5 each during crazy Steam sales.

I sitll have Mass Effect 1/2 sitting there waiting to be installed, not to mention Dead Space 1/2, Alpha Protocol, Fear 1/2/expansions, Mafia 2, a buttload of Prince of Persias, Supreme Commander 2, SHOGUN 2.

Gah.

(Acquired these over the course of a few years, not in one crazy spending binge. Only game I paid more than $10 for was Shogun 2, which was really recent, and which I actually do intend to play soon)

I seriously Haven't even opened the box for FFXIII-2.

It's gotten amazing reviews, and I was satisfied with the demo. If I had excuse to sit through that same gameplay from the demo for 40+ hours then count me in.

I've been playing Pier solar thismorning though, and found a genesis cart in-game by backtracking, now I'm curious what else the developers hid and what they might do. The map/dungeon I'm on is fucking massive, and I keep getting so lost, which doesn't help any of this.

I do seriously plan on playing FFXIII-2 but I probably wont get into it until after I finish the game I'm on currently.