A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Voice Acting

Also posted on Sonic Retro:

Back during SAGE 2011, I joined up on a SAGEcast and we did a reading of some really bad fanfics. I'll be honest, it was really fun. Someone mentioned something about some sort of Sonic Retro voice acting reading or something along the lines of that. I haven't heard anything about it after but I was actually looking forward to it. I love making voices on the fly... So much that I forget most of them. I'm sure other people like to make voices and characters with their voices. I'm sure most of the people here try to emulate Sonic characters. I'd just like to hear about anyone here who likes to do it as a hobby [or anyone whos actually doing it professionally]. I'd like to start doing it... I literally have no idea where to start but I feel like the more practice I can get playing around, the better I can get. I'd love to start up some general Skype chats on a regular basis just to play around VAing with others who may be interested. What do you think?

I was in the 2009 SAGEcast, and we did some shitty readings too (I used to do a half decent Shadow voice) and I think I also played Jesus at some point or another.

All I really remember is we had some guy lounge around in the skype call afterwards that I can't remember the username of and he was laughing at random things that we didn't know about and you ended up making jabs at him for it haha.

I've always contemplated recording some voice demos sometime just for kicks, since I love to do stupid voices around the house. Some of them are okay and most of them are real bad, but I've never actually recorded myself doing any of them.

I enjoy doing random voice impressions of characters such as Stewie Griffin from Family guy. If someone does something wrong or stupid I'll just say "What the douce" or do my MickyMouse voice and say sarcastic things in a positive way. xD

It's weird how high my voice can go. When my natural voice is actually quite low. I've just always been able to go insanely high.