A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Need music for your game? Check this guy out...

Ristar

Oh fuck man I just started listening to the first track there, Barren Badlands and its SO AWESOME. You're the best. It rivals the Trigun soundtrack in terms of awesome westerny sounding stuff.

Edit: Dusk Hill is really awesome too. Man this makes me really want to get started on this Twilight Realm (from TP) inspired game universe sometime in the coming months and start building a game so I could have you compose stuff for it haha. In my head it'd play out as a cross between an action/platformer and a 3D shmup like Star Fox.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I put those in a week or two ago as I thought they might help me shake my thang to any indie developers wanting to make a NES-ish game.

Only sucky thing about Vibedeck is that it doesn't sync to Soundcloud, so I have to delete the set and re-import it every time I add something over at Soundcloud.

also: http://soundcloud.com/tunners/sets/soundtrack-work new stuff here, I'll update vibedeck later on.

• 1 month later...

Updated Johnny Vibedeck http://vibedeck.com/andytunstall

By "update" I mean I've cleared out a load of old shite that was sort of painful to listen to and added a couple of femme-fresh tracks to the playlist.

I am available to do non-Sonic work as well, I know some of you chaps are doing all sorts of sweetass games so hit me up if you need some stuff. It'll be nice to get some variety in my portfolio.

From now on I'm having to charge for Sonic-based music (as in super fast 160BPM stuff) as I really have more than enough of it in my portfolio - so to take on the work for free wouldn't really benefit me.

I wouldn't charge much. Something like £5 - £10 per song, depending on length. Can do deals too.

Hello!

I've had to make the decision to start charging for Sonic music. As I said, it won't be much, between £5-10 per track and I can do package deals for a good deal less.

As much as I enjoy making the Sonic tracks, I can't keep doing them for free as it really limits my portfolio. If there is a very good possibility that the game will be released (and therefore get me some exposure) then I can make exceptions - but otherwise it's really counter-productive for me to spend all my time making free Sonic music when I could be expanding my portfolio through other avenues.

I hope you understand and will maybe even send some money my way should you want some music. I always put 100% into my music, and I'm sure everyone who I've made music for so far will attest to that fact.

So I'd like to say a big thanks to the people who've really helped my portfolio out: Gamerdude/Blyde/Rael; Falk/Lake; Chronic; LH and Dark Raven X.

Remember, I'm still available but I just can't do this for free :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello SFGHQ. I am here to toot Ristar's horn.

The bottom line is: Worth it. Seriously, his work is fantastic. If you're really set on your project, go ask him for some tunes. I've been listening to a new piece of his for a while, and it is beautifully composed and the atmosphere is spot-on. Hell, you don't even need to take my word for it - check out his Vibedeck and sample some pickings. I am 100% sure that my other team members agree with me that Ristar is a professional presence and his work is top-notch. The guy has to make a living, you know, so throw him some bones!

Hello SFGHQ. I am here to toot Ristar's horn.

The bottom line is: Worth it. Seriously, his work is fantastic. If you're really set on your project, go ask him for some tunes. I've been listening to a new piece of his for a while, and it is beautifully composed and the atmosphere is spot-on. Hell, you don't even need to take my word for it - check out his Vibedeck and sample some pickings. I am 100% sure that my other team members agree with me that Ristar is a professional presence and his work is top-notch. The guy has to make a living, you know, so throw him some bones!

Wheyyy thanks a lot :D

He also uses a kickass DAW.

Just thought I'd mention.

Hell yes I use a kickass DAW! Mass Effect gave REAPER a bad name :P