A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Camera like Sonic Nebulous?

Icedrink

If you're posting in the Sonic Worlds forum, then I assume you're trying to do it in MMF2 using Sonic Worlds.

Well, the answer is no. I'm unsure how Game Maker (which is actually the program Ironrind uses) handles the camera, but I'm sure it has too many other tools on it that MMF2 doesn't have.

Unless you're using GM. In this case, I'll pass, because I know nothing about it :/

• 2 weeks later...

You can use a Pixel Shader. But no matter how you do it, it won't look that good at all. In my personal endeavour in trying it myself it's just not worth your time or effort.

Usually you'd use Fparameter in the "Layer" obj to set layers to rotate in such a way. I'd use F"Angle" F"AX" and F"AY".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Using the different 'view' settings in Game Maker, you can adjust variables such as "view_angle", "view_xscale", and view_yscale". I've never used MMF2, but from what I remember of Klik&Play, Click&Create,The Games Factory, view rotation wasn't a feature.

You could always 'cheat' and create the illusion yourself if you are determined to figure a way.

Maybe this can help:

http://www.create-games.com/forum_post.asp?id=231604&show=all