A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

RIP Steve Jobs

Serephim

I was expecting someone to finally create this thread. Yesterday, the news spread out amazingly fast.

The whole GUI history is pretty complex, Jobs did make the GUI reach out to the masses, though. But he's also the one behind many, many things. Varied typefaces for example, as he said in his

(has subs in english and spanish, go ahead and watch it, it's damn worth it)

While I'm neutral towards Apple and its solid products, Steve was something else entirely.

Steve, rest in peace.

@Overbound: Pancreatic cancer. Since 2004 iirc. So he held up for seven years.

He truly changed the world with hs works. He started small when everyone said he couldnt do it, and he proved them wrong. Jobs helped create the future we live in today. I can't say his name will be remembered in his companies and prooducts, but I know hs legacy will go on for a very long time.

looks like an apple a day doesn't actually keep the doctor away.

think about it though. he couldn't have died at a better time. the cancer was nasty obviously, but he was highly respected, his company was more successful than ever and he had more money than you could shake a stick at.

quit while you're ahead.

• 1 month later...
Honestly, if it weren't for him, technology wouldn't be fun.

I miss his turtleneck and jean combo already. RIP.

Well, this is a misconception really. There were GUIs and such before MacOS, they just weren't inherent to the operating system and had to be loaded, and they weren't usually what we think of when we think of a modern operating system with the varied icons representing programs and files and such... but to say it wasn't fun? Nah, you don't really need a fancy UI to have fun with technology, people just had to do a lot more with the terminal back then. Most C programmers still probably spend the majority of their time working in a terminal... I know I do.