A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Creepy Movies

snow toilet

For those of you who do not know me at all, I'm Snow Toilets and I would like to share with you a topic.

So, something I wanted to bring up, I watched the movie Alien 3 for the first time in years and realized that this movie gives me the hibbity gibbities.

Especially the candle lighting scene.

It's a great film but every time I've seen it I look over both shoulders when doing laundry in my basement probably because that prison looks like every basement I've been in.

That strange trumpet sound that they do is the worst.

I've been wondering if anyone else has seen a movie and has a fear of something after seeing it no matter how good it is.

Anyone?

Pretty much any movie with spiders (due to the arachnophobia) but I suppose that doesn't really count.

Even though it's the only bit of the film I've seen, the puking, possessed child in The Exorcist doesn't sit right with me.

Also, the exploding Mr Creosote in Monty Python and the Meaning of Life used to really unsettle me. I actually find it pretty hilarious nowadays though.

I watched The Thing for the first time recently and that holds up really well for an old horror film. I think the bit that really made me flinch though was the part where their cut their fingers for a blood test. Strange really. The monsters were fucking creepy, but that bit just made my skin crawl for some reason.

yeah I loved the Thing, but I'm a sucker for Kurt Russell so I dunno if that's swayed my opinion somewhat.

as for creepy:

Session 9 - Gave me a fear of abandoned asylums and other such places

Jacob's Ladder - just looking round the corner after watching the film is creepy enough.