A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Ceiling Attachment Momentum

Hey guys.

I've had something that has frustrated me to high hell this past 7 hours. It is basically where you have a spring and a curved upside-down slope. Top sensor collides with it and you are then attached to the ceiling in the meantime still maintaining the momentum/speed you gained from the spring.

I have tried myself but have come to no success. He simply just doesn't attach to it at all and sometimes he'll shoot up straight through the floor instead of normally colliding.

I tried porting over the SonicWorlds ceiling attachment code and it didn't work either. If anything it made it worse and broke the collision with the top sensor by aimlessly bouncing untill falling back to the floor.

Example:

Ceiling%20Collisions.png

The engine base I am currently using is

Icon01.png

"SonicBaseEngine.mfa" By Damizean (Stripped Worlds Build)

Any help is appreciated.

It uses something that is called a "TOOL". I don't understand any part of it. It's rather complex for something seemingly simple.

Jeez you have my engine with all this already made.

I am sorry but if you can't reproduce what's done in my engine then nobody may be able to help you since it's very simple.

Jeez you have my engine with all this already made.

I am sorry but if you can't reproduce what's done in my engine then nobody may be able to help you since it's very simple.

LP, I'm not home currently. I'll make an example for you when I get back.

Until then, I strongly recommend you go digging in the Sonic Worlds events,

find the events that dictate ceiling movement, and import it into your engine.