A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[GM8] S Dash+ engine crashes when using room functions

Sonic GM

In my game made with the Sonic Dash+ engine, I'm having a problem. Whenever I use any room functions (room_goto,room_goto_next,room_restart,etc.), my game freezes up and then crashes! I'm guessing it might be because of Grid Spatial Indexing, because it only happens once Grid Spatial Indexing is started. Plus, I used an older version of the engine without Grid Spatial Indexing, and it works fine. I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Service Pack 1. I would appreciate any help if anyone knows what might be causing the problem.

:squestion:

Thanks for your reply. It brought up this error.

"Sonic_D+.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is

available."

However, I stopped it from crashing whenever I changed my music from MP3 to Midi. I wanted to use higher quality music for my game, but I guess I will have to stick with Midi.

Thanks again for trying to help, though.

:)

Thanks for your reply. It brought up this error.

"Sonic_D+.exe has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is

available."

However, I stopped it from crashing whenever I changed my music from MP3 to Midi. I wanted to use higher quality music for my game, but I guess I will have to stick with Midi.

Thanks again for trying to help, though.

:)

Well are you trying to load the music internally from within Game Maker? Here are some solutions:

- Use the older version of SDash, because it doesn't have a bunch of things added everywhere therfore there's a bigger chance it won't crash.

- Try loading music externally from Game Maker. Meaning you should use .DLL's instead of in-game loading music.

For the music .DLL, use supersound. (I know, it's a little old, but it still works.) The only problem is that it only supports .OGG, (which are also very high quality), so just get the .MP3 file you want and find a online converter. Convert the .MP3 file to the .OGG extension. Here's the website I use to convert my files: http://www.online-convert.com/

Hope this helps. If it works, +rep would be nice. :)

• Like 1

Here's the code that didn't work:

"global.Music=sound_add('Music/AzureLake.mp3',3,0);

sound_loop(global.Music);"

Here's the code that did work:

"global.Music = SS_LoadSound('Music/Level1.ogg');

SS_PlaySound(global.Music)"

In the game folder there is a music folder, and my music files are in that folder.

If I misunderstood what you are asking, let me know. Thanks again for your feedback.