A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Skywind: Episode II

TailsSena

Guess that means you dont know male anatomy. Your edit was an almost unmistakable female, tits or no tits. Nothing to get in a rut over, though. I personally find males much harder to draw because there is more to draw. Alot more shapes and bulges to keep track of.

But I digress. For her future edits, make sure you dont chicken out when it comes to actually erasing and redrawing things.

Shiki6.PNGHer original sprite looks pretty exaggerated to bring out the "female" in her -- her waist is super skinny, her hips are exaggerated and her legs are quite far apart and tiny. In most of her poses shes almost always pidgin toed. I dont think many males (if any) are shown doing this. Unless their balls are in jeopardy/taking damage.

Honestly, i'd personally find an actual male from this game and edit him to look like her instead. By the time you finish altering her body you've damn near made a new sprite. Looking at her Portrait sheet, everything about her sprites scream "Japanese" and "Girl". Which is pretty distinctive.

IMO you're making this hard for yourself. Or, you could just alter her top half to fit the bottom half of a male sprite, which i think would probably be much easier. (They dont seem to draw more on these poses than they need to. The bottom half is reused alot.)

Honestly, i'd personally find an actual male from this game and edit him to look like her instead. By the time you finish altering her body you've damn near made a new sprite. Looking at her Portrait sheet, everything about her sprites scream "Japanese" and "Girl". Which is pretty distinctive.

That's the problem... No other character acts quite like her, and it's her personality I want to visually express... I could edit Joshua, but it wouldn't be the same. At all.

IMO you're making this hard for yourself. Or, you could just alter her top half to fit the bottom half of a male sprite, which i think would probably be much easier. (They dont seem to draw more on these poses than they need to. The bottom half is reused alot.)

Nice tip. I wish I'd seen that.

Yes, I'm actually trying to make an effeminate male with pink hair out of a Shiki sprite...

• 4 weeks later...

Ness still looks like a lady but it's still way better than previously was.

Artix looks absolutelly the same as the character which he was edited from, just with a pallete switch. Except now the sprite version (small one) looks tottally like a woman with that pink hair.

Oh well... Let's see what Sonic Advance: Tranny has to offer at SAGE. :3

Ness still looks like a lady but it's still way better than previously was.

Artix looks absolutelly the same as the character which he was edited from, just with a pallete switch. Except now the sprite version (small one) looks tottally like a woman with that pink hair.

Oh well... Let's see what Sonic Advance: Tranny has to offer at SAGE. :3

Yes, I still have progress to make with them.

And I probably won't have them in much more than a cutscene at SAGE.

People take non-sonic music and plug it in fangames all the time. Why the discrimination? If it's entertaining, it's entertaining; Different people just have different skillsets.

It's not like this stuff is being capitalized on for profit.

...Why are you taking non sonic characters, recolor them, and putting them in your game. Why not just custom sprite it. It might be shit but at least it's not a recolor.

Because why not? Also, I'm going to do more with them, so hopefully it won't be so incredibly obvious when I'm done.

People take non-sonic music and plug it in fangames all the time. Why the discrimination? If it's entertaining, it's entertaining; Different people just have different skillsets.

It's not like this stuff is being capitalized on for profit.

And thanks for not pulling the trial by fire tactic... I think I'm about at the point where I just start saying "Haters gonna' hate", and keep going.

Yeah, I just had an idea.

I can just model, animate, then batch render my own animations, I have Blender, and experience with Maya. (Different programs, but how different can they be?)

This would also solve the problem with the regular Sonic crew not having any good dialogue sprites at the size I need them.

• 4 weeks later...
...Why are you taking non sonic characters, recolor them, and putting them in your game. Why not just custom sprite it. It might be shit but at least it's not a recolor.

uh...because he can?

Ness's sprite still looks female, but i assume thats what you're going for so whatever.

And thanks for not pulling the trial by fire tactic... I think I'm about at the point where I just start saying "Haters gonna' hate", and keep going.

"Trial by Fire" is just a terrible excuse used by douchebags. IMO the only way "Trial by Fire" is legit is when it happens unintentionally. Like, when some guy thinks hes awesome, shows it to more experienced peers and gets his shit wrecked. Kind of like that one thread here...

fuck where is it

oh god, here we go. ok I seriously just went on like a 6 minute laughing tangent. It's like, one of the best threads in SFGHQ. Point is its only really helpful when the person isnt competent enough to understand that they need help, otherwise you can teach without being a penis wrinkle. (Searches for my own blowup thread)

okay so anyway, is obvious connection between your ness and Mother ness supposed to be obvious?

Yeah, I've decided to just go and model Ness, Artix, and Blaze to generate spritesheets for them. That way they won't be lame edits anymore.

I didn't make it very far down that thread... tl:dr

Uhh... Connection to Mother 2's Ness? Nahh...

It may be interpreted, but I won't be trying to make it look that way. He's actually based on another Ness I know of. Well... Not exactly based, more just named after... /shot

Yeeeah, I'll reveal more about them later when I have sprites.

And really, how do I slow these moving platforms down?!

Well i only know of one character ever named Ness, and he just so happens to very specifically use Psychokinesis techniques.

In fact, i can't really recall any other japanese character that specifically uses Psychokinesis. Its always some form of "ki" or "chi" or "mana" or "chakra" or spiritual pressure, or just plain "magic". Thats why I always liked Ness i guess.

And cherry from gantz

Actually, I'm thinking about renaming Ness and Artix... Ness because of the implied reference to Mother 2 Ness, and Artix because it doesn't really feel like a name, I dunno.

So, I'm thinking Kazuki and Lunick, but who should be which?

EDIT: I'm asking your opinion, you know.

oh god, here we go. ok I seriously just went on like a 6 minute laughing tangent. It's like, one of the best threads in SFGHQ. Point is its only really helpful when the person isnt competent enough to understand that they need help, otherwise you can teach without being a penis wrinkle. (Searches for my own blowup thread)

Oh man, I really miss conicteam to be honest with you. He was endless amounts of fun. I still have the photoshopped baby sonic picture I made that one time in my photobucket and drag it out every so often. That thread is some good memories for sure. Just had to state this. Because I was laughing just a moment ago pretty hard too.