A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

SZ: SW Base artwork and concept ideas

This thread is made for discussion of the game's main plots, artwork, music, ideas, and layouts for levels. All I ask is that you lable what you have.

I'll start us off by showing some artwork and music of my own for this game.

Artwork:

Concept Title Screen

WarmWalkway1 part1

WarmWalkway1 part 2

Music:

Concept Botnick Boss

WorldsDelta_Base music

Sonic4_Green

Base_SuperMusic

Sonic2_A-Powerful-Dream

Discus...

• Like 1

That title screen is perfect. ^_^ Our heroes are drawn with so much personality and style.

And gaah, the music is so freaking cool. xD I especially dig the remix of the default Sonic Worlds tune. You're amazing with those Genesis instruments, you know that?

• Like 1

Oh, okay. (if you want other icon designs, lemme know) :]

I'm seriously considering making a vectorization of at least the characters in that title screen. My inkscape skills are rusting a bit, but maybe I can pull it off...

OK, that is seriously awesome. And come to think of it, it's the first time I see such a concept for a Sonic game. Each level has its own gimmicks and styles for platforms, breakable walls... So why not checkpoints?

Veeeeeeeeery cool. Rep'd.

Not a bad thing at all. (it was fun to play at least)

Besides, it's the first time I see such an idea. Level themed monitors would be cool too. (monitors covered in leaves, or monolith-monitors...)

However, when inactive, the checkpoint looks like a generic level object. There should be something that lets the player know it's a checkpoint. Maybe place a recessed star icon or something...

The title card could be used to "introduce" the player to level objects as well. Give more life to the title card by placing two or three level-unique gimmicks under the name, and show how the checkpoint looks... kinda like, er, can't remember. There was a game that showed certain level objects when the name showed up...

Plot:

Sonic and Tails’ Plot: Sonic and Tails are relaxing on the shores of Zero Island, very cheerful due to having not seen Eggman or any trace of his schemes in a long time. Unfortunately this doesn’t last long. Sonic and Tails hear a ruckus down the other end of the beach, and see Eggman from afar, using the Chaos Rings to summon the Reality Ring, a giant ring with the power to keep Eggman’s Silver Stronghold running for centuries. Sonic and Tails attempt to catch up with him, but he escapes in the nick of time. Sonic and Tails look at each other, nod, and vow to take Eggman down for interrupting Sonic’s first Chilli Dog in months.

Knuckles’ Plot: After the events of Knuckles Chaotix, the mysterious island (which Eggman built his Newtrogic High Zone base on) sinks back into the ocean, and the Chaotix group part ways once more; Knuckles takes the Chaos Rings with him back to the Hidden Palace as a means of keeping them protected. A few weeks later however, he finds the Chaos Rings missing, and when he leaves the underground caves of Angel Island, he sees that off in the distance, Zero island (an island that sits between South and Christmas Island) is glowing with a strange aura, and that atop the highest peak of the Zero Island Mountains, a large ring sits. Intrigued, he goes to investigate.

Just bumping with some more creative info.