A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Would you mind voting for me?

Asuma

As it stands now, I'm in third place.

You can view my entry here.

This is TigerDirect's DIY contest. It's a contest where people vote on your rig. Highest vote wins. I'm sure you know how this goes. The one who has a 2,000 PC will win.I'm beating most the "beast" rigs except the two in 1st and 2nd. So, if you don't mind, please vote for me.

I need to use a floor fan to keep it cool, and that barely works. Only lowers by a like 2 degrees.

case1.png

case2.png

You can vote once per day until July 5th 5pm EST, which is when the voting ends. Judging is the following day.

I would like it if you voted for me if you don't mind

I find it amusing that 'awesome computer' for most people means "Check it out, I dumped 500 dollars into making my case look like something that came from a bad sci-fi movie and making my cooling system look as much like a 1970's hot rod engine as possible. I suspect they'll be putting 'speed holes' in their computers later too.

Honestly I find it garish that my own case has LED lighting on the front panel in strips that I can't... seem... to... turn... off. But I got a good deal on the case and it is a nice case in most respects, so I am willing to overlook that.

Since what these things are is basically contests of case design, and since most people are just buying their cases anyway, I'd be much more interested in seeing people painting their cases to personalize them than what we usually see... which is a bunch of excessive illumination.

That said, I voted for you because I feel that you need it more than a bunch of people who do that kind of shit for a hobby, even if it goes against my inclination that the best computer should win something like this.

If you win and if SFGHQ's userbase ends up being a significant factor in that, you can repay us by letting us use your machine for highly elaborate distributed processing tasks. Or just by doing folding@home. Something semi-charitable anyway. Honestly, I think you should be allowed to take folding@home contributions off your taxes... but noooo, Congress disagrees with me.

Awesome. Would you guys mind voting just about everyday? That is, if you don't mind. As I've said, you can vote once per day (after the time you voted. If you voted at 1pm Monday, you can vote again after 1pm Tuesday.)

Wondering if I should post this on Retro as well.

I dropped to 4th.

Voted again, so, er, yeah, I'm still with this. Will try and remember to keep it up.:iamafuckingtool:

In other news, using that smiley makes me a fucking tool, well I wasn't designed for it but I suppose I could be used for that function too.