A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Adventure Genesis?

Betaman

Okay, I know that there are people that bag on the modern Sonic because he has green eyes and he's lankier than classic Sonic, but what about Sonic Adventure Sonic. SA2's model was a lot taller than SA1's and it was lankier too. The only thing that was modern about SA1's Sonic was his eyes.

So my question is this, if they were to release Sonic Adventure in a 2D format successfully. That means no backing out and no faking your own death to get out of it. Would you want them to use Sonic Genesis styled sprites like the SA1 and Shuffle Models, or would you rather them use the taller and thinner Sonic Advance sprites like in SA2 forward?

This isn't a versus thread or a hate thread, I'm asking a valid question here and I don't want people fighting.

Genesis 4 Advance 0 Genesis mixed with Advance 1

I think SA1's Sonic was a nice mixture of the two. He wasn't as pudgy as Genesis Sonic, but he still had the attitude, and the green eyes were a nice touch. In SA2 they made him look older and taller and gave him new shoes. xD

I'd actually say the same thing about everyone else's models in SA1. I really wish they had kept them that way (with the possible exception of Eggman).