A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What games are you currently playing?

Dragon's Crown is awesome indeed. Did you get the delicious artbook? elf best girl

Worm: Okami on Wii screws up the rice paper filter, I think. Maybe that's why it appears as weird.

Nope, no art book. I just got the game on boxing day with some Christmas money.

Remember that you can always play Cave Story for free on your computer (and it's frankly much better).

Agree on Rayman Legends being awesome. 4-player co-op combined with the musical levels is so damn fun... and let's not forget Kung Foot.

@Rawr: Awww. Oh well, there's still the in-game CG gallery :]

• Like 1

I like the steam version of Cave Story the best imo. Its not free but its the version I like best! As for the Dragon's Crown in game gallery - already did all the quests to unlock each piece. Just gotta get the character specific things now.

I have the 4-ending version of cave story on my PC, I can never find the time to play it though. If I had it on the 3DS, I would have plenty of time. I feel like I'm the only one who actually uses the 3DS ONLY when on the go. I never use it at home unless I wanna watch netflix in bed with a bigger screen than my phone (I have the XL).

I've been using wonder trade in X a lot lately, (addiction much?), and attained an army of Froakies. Now to trade those suckers off for some legendaries.

I'm dying to get my hands on Animal Crossing: New Leaf. It deserves 12-26 nights of my uninterrupted gaze. Everyone keeps asking, "Why the hell haven't you played this yet?!" My answer, "Idfk! I had $50 at the time and chose Castlevania 3DS like an idiot!"

• 2 weeks later...

OH MY GOSH CAVE STORY IS OFFICIALLY MY FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME. GET IT IF YOU HAVEN'T: 

http://www.cavestory.org/downloads_game.php

(Download the japanese version, then download and run the next link below it, it's the translation patch)

I also got Pokemon Y, and that new Chibi-Robo game that doesn't live up to the original at all.

• 4 weeks later...

Got Lightning Returns at release.

Game definately has some majora's mask vibes going on as you try to piece together all the pieces of a given quest.

I haven't completed any of the major quests yet (each involving a different character from the XIII universe) But after reading that the bosses for each on get drastically harder at later dates, I may have to get on that.  While there is a timelimit, its not strict at all, It seems possible to do each main quest in a day each, leaving you with the majority of time to do other things, and the passing of time is quite interesting as it affects the positions of people and times of events, even the train system, which has trains moving in and out every 15 minutes, its just very cool to see it all in motion.

Oh and that battle system is slick.

I've also been playing some Battlefield 4, probably the best shooter I've played IMO.  (when it's not bugging out/crashing D:)

• 2 months later...

I haven't been playing much, and I honestly feel like this topic is great for mini-reviews, so I'm posting on it.

I've been on a sonic hack spree. I think I downloaded like 40 of them over the past few days....

Sonic 1 Twisted

A mini-hack by MarkeyJester...the terrain twists as you walk on it. Boring, 1/5 stars.

The Ring Ride 2

Another mini-hack by MJ...rings make you high, and special stages are all sorts of hard. Pretty fun and psychadelic 3/5

Sonic Random Hax (LZ DEMO)

I think this one's by Electroball. It's a really hard Labyrinth zone with custom music and tiles. A nice challenge, would play again 4/5

Sonic 2 Recreation Part One

A Sonic 2 Hack by redhotsonic. I remember wanting to play more of this at SHC2013 and just now got around to it. Well worth my time. Love the custom music,levels, everything. Right now is my favorite sonic hack EVAR. YES MEGAMIX YOU'VE BEEN BESTED. 7/5

When I get time...i.e. When I'm not falling behind in School, Metal Gear Solid: Tactical Espionage Action/Operation HD Collection (X360) and Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance starring Gerem and Raydun Sanic(X720) will get played until my Xbox gets black rings. Nanomachines, son.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently beat The Witch and The Hundred Knight if that counts. I've also been playing Titanfall here and there because I love me some punchy robutt action, also been replaying Mega Man Zero 1-4 as well as recently beat ZXA (with Ashe only so far) in the name of RESEARCH.

I only really seem to game for about an hour or so a night these days before I fall asleep so I haven't played a ton. Been looking forward though to Drakengard 3 arriving in the mail. It will be my first exposure to that series but cool dragons and badass ladies are kind of a thing that caught my eye with that game so I took a leap of faith and pre-ordered the collectors edition. Other than I barely know a thing about it and that's rare for me as I usually extensively research my games before going into them but I must admit going into a game blind like this is kind of exciting haha! So not really a game I've been playing but one I most definitely will be soon :>

While I recommend you to skip Drakengard 1 & 2, you should consider getting Nier next. It's connected to one of the endings of DKG1, but it stands alone just fine. I recently got two out of the four endings, and absolutely loved it. Great dub, amazing soundtrack and nice visuals especially in the Seafront town (I dunno why all reviews say the graphics are sub-par - screw graphics whores, they're the second worst right behind the resolution/frames-per-second idiots).

How was Witch and Hundred Knight, by the way?

Currently I'm BRO-OPing through Tales of Symphonia on the PS3. Getting ready for Xillia 2 in August.

I loved The Witch and The Hundred Knight, I still haven't 100%'d it because there are multiple endings and shieeeeet. I really like the characters though and it gets bonus points from me for being a new IP plus having Takehito Harada's wonderful artwork all over it. Honestly one of the biggest reasons I even decided to get into Disgaea was just because I adored the art style, even if I massively suck at those games. The Witch and The Hundred Knight is a bit rough but if you're a fan of niche titles (and more importantly NIS titles) than you should feel right at home with it. I went out and even ordered the art book for the game that was only released in Japan, that I believe is out of print already, because I just had to have it haha! It's one of my fave titles to come out in recent memory even if on a technical level it isn't up to par with a lot of other releases - the graphics in particular are quite muddy compared to the art style itself and they also feel like it's launch title/ps2 quality graphics and the gameplay can be repetitive. That in mind, I dunno though man I just found myself needing to see it through and was hooked really quickly on it.

So it's one of those titles that I think people will either love or hate but I absolutely love it haha!

Also I've heard great things about Nier and maybe I'll check it out someday.

I'll keep it in my to-get-next list then. After Xillia 2, that is.

I enjoy most of the games that NIS publishes. Nothing tops the two Mana Khemia titles yet, though (kudos to Gust!). I also love Harada's artwork and enjoy Disgaea a lot, but not so much that I go in the post-story part of grinding to insane levels. That's just too much for me.

Lucky you to get that delicious artbook...