A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What games are you currently playing?

Addicted to Mafia II at the moment.  Free-Ride (add-on/mod for PC) has been keeping me playing for hours in a day.  Soo entertaining, the game has me in a Mafia mood lately so I may watch the Godfather series and Goodfellas soon!

Here is a video of the Free-Ride mod for the game if anyone was interested or curious what the game looks like.

• 2 weeks later...

Dissidia 012 (PSP) and LittleBig Planet (PSP)

I was mostly indifferent to the PSP when it launched and during the following years of it's life-span. However, a friend of mine recently managed to help ignite an interest in the system, and after having bought one for myself I must say I am thoroughly enjoying it, to the extent where I'm having trouble justifying having a 3DS anymore, because of how little use it gets by comparison. (Pokemon X/Y might change that, we shall see.) I am currently enjoying the above mentioned games, and would recommend them to anyone who happens to own a PSP.

I have recenty started playing Two Worlds 2 on the Xbox 360 as well as Dissidia 012 on the PSP.

Two Worlds 2 is a great RPG that seems to be mostly unheard of. It is a shame really as it has one of the most developed magic systems I have ever seen in any game of it's kind. That added to the fact it has up to 8 player co-op campaign, makes it a trully awesome experience.

Dissidia 012 surprised me considerably as I had lost interest in my PSP a while back. Dissidia has great graphics and gameplay considering it is on a handheld. That coupled with the size of the arenas you fight in and the environment destruction make it a really good play.

I recommend both to any gamer as they are truly enjoyable and you will find them rewarding experiences.

• Like 1

Two Worlds 2 seems more polished than it's originator.  I didn't much care for the first Two Worlds. It felt buggy, rough, and a rushed project.  Not much detail was put into it and almost felt like some type of indie game that no one ever heard of.  However that's just my thought.  I always contemplate on if I should try the second one or not.  The first one played so bad on the Xbox that I knew I wasn't ever going to buy it (for Xbox 360 at least).  I may try the second and first one on PC to see how they play and see if the Xbox's hardware was the issue on the game's compatibility. Lot of texture errors, slow downs, and when traveling it seem'd to try to load something...so it didn't feel real smooth when just free-roam traveling.

• 1 month later...

Currently trudging through FFXIII-2. I'm more interested in collecting fragments and traveling through time than trying to take down Wooly Mammoth's legs or Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. I wanted to get into the Final Fantasy series, but it seems this game is hated on quite a bit. I'm fine with it, despite its learning curve...I'm stuck on Faeryl though.

I can't say I've really been playing anything else...Hexic HD every once in a while. Just three more achievements!

Sonic Next-Gen took a backseat for a while due to me advancing the plot..not at all.. and just standing on Wave Ocean arches and other crazy stuff.

I'm familiar with backloggery, but I don't like its focus on 100% completion. Sometimes to truly enjoy a game is just play through it like a narrative ... or find other ways to entertain yourself... like Sonic Next-Gen's numerous glitches...or discovering Blue Knuckles in S3&K

Oh yeah, and Sonic BTS '11 and '12. I loooooove that game. Still have yet to sub-40 on HHZ1 ('12)

Currently playing BattleBlock Theater, the Behemoth's latest. Currently, I don't think it quite stands up to Castle Crashers in terms of quality (Although the volume of content for an XBLA game is mind-boggling.), but it is certainly fun in it's own right. The stage editor is surprisingly simple but customisable, the narrator is hilarious and the platforming feels fluid. Combat is my least favourite aspect, although it is still functional and I am fond of the room it allows for tactical ploys.

I'm playing through Some Time Attacked at the moment. It has stood the test of time in my opinion. It has helped inspire me to come up with some zone concepts for my fan game.

I also plan on playing through Sonic Heroes again once I can get hold of another PS2 copy. I recently lost my original copy. I've searched high and low for it.

Yakuza 4 and Pokemon Conquest.

Yakuza 4 I have almost hit the 100 hour mark in. I'm just gunning for the last few Trophies I need. One is a ridiculous Pachinko situation I haven't tried yet, one is a thing about getting all of the tutorial messages (yeah), and the last one aside from the Platinum is getting Seven Pairs in Mahjong, which I am trying now. These Trophies are going to destroy me, but in turn I have destroyed the hardest and cheapest bosses the game bothered to throw at me, so it's only fair. (note: I will probably pull my hair out and quit). It's odd how much I hate this game at times because I love it so much. Mainly the storyline and the side missions. The minigames are also great wacky fun, but I'm not so fond of the Trophies attached to them. I got Yakuza 3 to pick up on potentially after I wrap this up, (cough or a ton of other games cough). Guess I'll be grinding Mahjong and Pachinko for a while.

Pokemon Conquest I picked up from Best Buy for fifteen bucks, I've only put a couple hours into it so far, but I really, really like it. I'm already hoping it continues as it's own off-shoot a la Mystery Dungeon because I think it'd be great to expand upon. This game would get really interesting if each Pokemon had more than one move. Can't wait to play more of this one.

EDIT: On that note, just got Seven Pairs. Booyeah

EDIT 2; EDIT HARDER: Aaaaaand just Platinumed Yakuza 4. Onwards to 3!

I've moved onto Sonic Unleashed for the PS2. I'm about half-way through the game.

It's alright I guess.

I wanted to quit at the Eggmanland levels but I powered through it back in the day. It just felt so tedious. I hadn't played the HD version yet either or really seen it outside of a few really low quality trailers so it's not like I was spoiled or anything.

It's three or five Werehog levels in a row, and just....guh

I wanted to quit at the Eggmanland levels but I powered through it back in the day. It just felt so tedious. I hadn't played the HD version yet either or really seen it outside of a few really low quality trailers so it's not like I was spoiled or anything.

It's three or five Werehog levels in a row, and just....guh

Five Werehog levels in a row? Yikes.

The regular set Werehog levels are too much for me.

Two days ago I beat Sonic Heroes for the first time in my life!

I have one character left to unlock in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, and I'm lately enjoying Sonic the Hedgehog CD, once I'm done with these I'll probably beat Mark of the Ninja, a really neat 2D side-scroller game.

I'm also waiting for the release of Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and Battlefield 4, oh yeah it's the "4" generation now! I'm a fan of both of these myself, and I can't wait.

• Like 1

I'm replaying a lot of games at the moment so here is the long list:

PS2- Sonic Unleashed, Sonic Riders Zero Gravity, Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts 2, and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories.

Gamecube- Sonic Heroes and Sonic Riders.

Wii- Sonic Colors, Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (Grand Prix), Sonic 4 Ep 1, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii.

Gameboy Advance- SONIC ADVANCE 3 (WOOP!), Sonic Battle, Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories, F-Zero: GP Legend, and Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3.

Nintendo 64- Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, and Toy Story 2. (For nostalgic reasons)

PC (Fan Games)- Sonic Robo Blast 2, and Sonic Before The Sequel.

That's pretty much it. If you haven't noticed yet, I like replaying A BUNCH of my games. :D

• Like 1

Nintendo 64- Star Fox 64, Super Mario 64, and Toy Story 2. (For nostalgic reasons)

Super Mario 64 is like, the best Mario game I have ever played!

I just remembered that I started playing a game a couple of days ago, Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy VII! This game is awesome. A third person shooter, I don't know what to say, many ways to customize your gun and blow the bad guys, it's just awesome! It's pretty much similar to Devil May Cry games in a way or another.

• Like 1

Super Mario 64 is like, the best Mario game I have ever played!

I just remembered that I started playing a game a couple of days ago, Dirge of Cerberus Final Fantasy VII! This game is awesome. A third person shooter, I don't know what to say, many ways to customize your gun and blow the bad guys, it's just awesome! It's pretty much similar to Devil May Cry games in a way or another.

It's okay though I prefer Final Fantasy 8.

• 4 weeks later...