A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Generations Thread

Kirs

So, I bought this game on Steam. The PC version is probably gonna be the best version, provided that they didn't port it badly...

I have a feeling I'm gonna regret at least half of it, though. I hated Unleashed (both the daytime and night-time gameplay sucked for different reasons), Colours was a complete bore (they made the 3D gameplay not frustrating, but made the 2D controls just plain suck, among other things they ended up breaking while trying to fix other things). Classic Sonic might be fun. No way in hell I'm gonna enjoy Modern Sonic, though, unless there's a freaking miracle.

Looks like you're setup for disappointment then.

It'll be just like buying unleashed if you know you'll never enjoy the werehog (which i had very few problems with TBH.)

Perhaps. But still... Funnily enough, I actually found the Werehog tolerable compared to the daytime stages, which were frustrating as hell.

If you made it to the final boss, please answer my question below before I fucking kill myself.

Can someone explain how to beat the final boss it's absolutely impossible to figure out. I got him close enough to "lock in" with the target, but charging and shooting Other-Sonic doesn't do shit.

Goddamn. I need a PS3. Why can't this game come out for Wii?? I mean, really... At LEAST port the crappiest version to it like you did with Unleased even thought the Wii can handle the real one albeit at a lower resolution... I mean, COME ON, Sega!! Stop being a dipshit about what consoles you make games for these days!!

Goddamn. I need a PS3. Why can't this game come out for Wii?? I mean, really... At LEAST port the crappiest version to it like you did with Unleased even thought the Wii can handle the real one albeit at a lower resolution... I mean, COME ON, Sega!! Stop being a dipshit about what consoles you make games for these days!!

I love how this complaint always comes up from Wii owners whenever a title never goes to their system. Sure, sometimes it happens when a title isn't on the 360 or Wii, in which Epic Mickey comes to mind, lots of complaining there from the 360/PS3 crowd, but I always see it happen more with the Wii crowd. Especially with Sonic titles.

You guys got Secret Rings, and Black Knight, The Mario and Sonic Olympic games, Riders: Zero Gravity, and a version of Unleashed that was completely different. Which I do admit, All of which are crap :(<. So maybe in some ways its justified :Smoke2: .

Still. To port a game down on the Wii requires a bunch of seperate assets to be made and I highly doubt it'd be easy for Sonic Team to just take focus off the 360/PS3 versions to develop a compatible game just for the Wii. There is a lot more that goes into this then "put it at a lower resolution Sega lawl". I'd also rather them just focus on one thing at a time if they're going to do a game. If they want to make it HD, focus on PC/PS3/360. Anything more than that just takes money and resources away from that core group and can potentially result in a worse game because of it.

So its not that SEGA are being dipshits - no, they just happened to be focusing on the PC/PS3/360 versions (and I guess that really terrible looking 3DS edition) and saved themselves a few bucks from having to create yet another new game for another system.

*facepalm*

Steam... uuugghh!! Why does the world revolve around such a shitty download service!? It's almost as bad as the DSi Shop! (From what I hear compared to my extremely crippled and slow experiences on the DSi Shop.)

Steam is in no way as bad as bad as the DSi shop at all. I dunno if you're sitting on a 56k modem or something but steam purchases are lightning fast, and the download speeds are always insane. I really don't see where the hate is coming from.

Steam is in no way as bad as bad as the DSi shop at all. I dunno if you're sitting on a 56k modem or something but steam purchases are lightning fast, and the download speeds are always insane. I really don't see where the hate is coming from.

Yeah I gotta agree here. I don't really buy anything from Steam but if I had to do a digital purchase I'd do it through them. I have Steam installed but most of what I have is gifted to me/free stuff.

LIKE MOONBASE ALPHA.

Steam is great for PC download. I have to agree with SG on this: unless you're on 56k, I can't see any reason to not go with Steam.

I got some games I'm building a PC for and it looks like I'll get this on Steam. I'd also get the PS3 version if the possibility arises that I won't be able to build the PC.