A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

What are you listening to?¿

Kirs

Yellowcard-When_Youre_Through_Thinking_Say_Yes-2011.jpg

I'm not gonna write the band's biography here, just some quick info.

Yellowcard is a pop-punk-alternative-rock band from Jacksonville, that have something that makes them different from the others, a violin.

Yellowcard's music style is not clearly defined, cuz they compose and play anything that sounds good with guitars and a violin, having a good variety of songs.

They released Ocean Avenue in 2003, that was really successfull, but in terms of musicality, that album had nothing to do with Light and Sounds (2005) and Paper Walls (2007), both albums being a kind of composing experimentations, that have really awesome songs.

They went on hiatus in 2008 and came back in September 2010. Then they released 'When you're through thinking, say yes' this march 22.

It's their most repetitive album since they didnt want to make experiments anymore, but... at least for me, its a FUCKING EAR ORGASM, really.

They came back to the catchy 4 chords scheme in chorus, but they overkilled them with a strength and a power that any other band can give. And the violin is really well written there.

Here's an example:

I cant stop listening to the whole album.

Enjoy

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gave that tune a bit of a listen... meh.

can't stand voices like that and the song feels like I've heard it a thousand times before. I found it unremarkable to say the least. I appreciate that you like it, but it just does nothing for me :P

Seriously? Yellowcard?

"OMG WE HAVE A VIOLIN AND A 'PUNK' (aka whiny and nasally) VOCALIST. WE ARE COMPLETELY UNIQUE AND CUTTING EDGE."

I can't believe this is what passes for a topic on my beloved 'Q. A topic about the new Yellowcard album. Holy shit, I need a drink. If only it wasn't against General Order 1B.

So far none of the music posted in this thread has been anything I am interested in. But there is a difference in being disinterested in something like this and then being an asshole about it. I think a general music thread would be cool though, as long as people don't lose their heads over dumb shit like in here.

I've been listening to a pretty cool mixtape the past few days:

That's only one track. You can download the whole thing in mp3/flac via the video info. It's hip hop mixed up with all sorts of stuff and over an hour long if downloaded as a seamless file.

I'm listening to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLS9yjqwirk

Yeah he has a funny voice but I like it and this band because to me they are rather different compared to a lot of other bands here, but thats just me. This is the live itunes version of the song, which I prefer to the album version. It just sounds more raw + I like the second solo that they only do live. I also think its fun to play on the guitar so there is that.

SG I'm loving that stuff! Production is a little dodgy at some points such as the Yoshi's Island backing track having a bit too much muddy reverb but otherwise it's fucking lush :D

The Ristar one is great obviously.

It makes me wonder why hip hop artists haven't sampled VG music more often. A lot of it is just ripe for some class beats.