A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

[HELP] Music Issue

Khaotiz

I'm using Project Chaos for the music in my game, but my issue is that the file sizes are so big. I could use direct show but it would have to call the files from an external location, and I don't want that. I need a way to effectively have the file in my game, a way to make the file smaller without sacrificing quality, and a way to implement it in the game effectively.

You could use any audio tool editor to achieve that, although you will lost a bit quality of your audio files during the process. A little trick is changing the sample rate of the file, for example, let's say the sample rate of your audio file is 44100 hz, via editing you could set it to 22050 hz and then save it to any compressed audio format. The size of the file will be considerably smaller than original with the quality somewhat intact.

OGG is one of the best audio compression format and is supported by MMF2 and GM.

I hope you have understood through my shitastic english.

Ah, yeah, I found a solution, taking a 6 megabyte song file down to about 2 and some change. So it was a step in the right direction. I just dont want my game to be massive as far as file size goes. Seeing that I'm able to work on it a considerably good amount now, I don't want anything working against it.