A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sprites Needed for Time Twisted (Updated 2/21/11)

OverbounD

Gardow has agreed to let us use his Sonic sprite and he is currently making a matching Knuckles.

SonicSprite.png

He's not making every pose though so anyone that makes additional poses for the sprite will receive rep+ and a spot in the credits of Sonic Time Twisted. Please make sure as we are doing these they aren't simple recolors of official Sonic sprites. Of course you can use official sprites as a base. But don't for instance send me the Sonic 1 tipping animation recolor without even making it look like the rest of the sprite.

Sonic Poses Currently Requested:

* For Sonic's pose after the sign I'd like him to turn from his facing pose to this:

SonicStand.png

I really don't think I can do this myself so if someone with some expertise could do this I'd be extremely grateful.

Any other common sprites you can think of will be accepted too.

Also we still need a matching Tails sprite too!

We could also use some more badniks for the game if someone has an idea or a complete sprite post it here.

I know you've been around here for awhile Overbound, but wouldn't it still be a good example to newer members to at least point to a thread containing media of your game?

Glad you're getting assistance in any case. I'm no good with spriting, even if Blue Frenzy would say otherwise.

I know you've been around here for awhile Overbound, but wouldn't it still be a good example to newer members to at least point to a thread containing media of your game?

Maybe. But at the same time I really doubt its going to make any difference on how noobs post. Just in case though: Sonic Time Twisted is a well established fan game project. If you are a new member and are seeking help you must have evidence of your game.

http://sonicunited.org/hsfqmtif/forum/showthread.php?t=445

^For More Info on Team Threads^

I'll see if I can help with this if nobody offers.

Strife is really helping us out with the badniks which is very appreciated.

But we're still looking for someone to make custom Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles sprites. If you don't feel like making them from nothing I have considered a few options recently.

First you Flame or anyone else could make custom Tails and Knuckles sprites to match our custom Sonic sprite as seen in my signature. (My Knuckles and Tails didn't turn out =P)

Second Dr. Mecha has given us permission to use his Sonic Chaotix sprite.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/NashtheMutt/Sonic/sonicChaotic.png

You could take him fix him up without the ring. Then update Knuckles and Tails from Sonic 3&K to match. I hate the Chaotix's Knuckles sprite so that' the logic behind that move.

I honestly wouldn't complain if Sonic was the only playable character, since that's what I already assumed from the last demo. In any case, though, maybe I can do something about Tails once I'm finished with the Sonic Zero sprite. I can't promise anything though, especially since I won't have my computer next month and will need to use my wife's laptop. ^^;

Your going to be without your PC for a month, Yuk I think I'd go crazy.

If you did Tails that would be great but of course I'll understand if you change your mind too. It would be helpful though to know how you plan on shading him. Either Chaotix style or custom, kinda matching the already made Sonic in my signature. That way if anyone steps up to do Knuckles I can point them in the right direction.

To your comment about Knuckles and Tails playable. I too would mind just Sonic. But Mercury had them already programmed in engine. Plus we're combinding the best of Sonic CD and S3&K in the hopes of improving on both of those games.

• 2 weeks later...

Those are great. A few of the colors were wrong on the duck I fixed them and messed with it a bit more since I too was in the middle of making the duck pose and its in the first picture above. The peel out rocks and the death sprites do too. I'm gonna mess with them a bit and check its colors and add it to the sprite sheet. +Rep

Also everyone should know this Gardow said the sheet was open source and since I'm coordinating the effort I'll go ahead and say everything Sonic we make is open source too. The Knuckles and Tails sprites we'll wait and see what happens with.

Is it just me who thinks that whilst these sprites are gorgeous, they may not fit the Time Twisted level style? No offense to anyone involved of course.

If someone could whip up a concept shot it'd probably change my mind, but as it is, these have more of a Chaotix shading feel to them, and the levels (that I've seen) a more Sonic CD feel. Both great styles, but not sure how well they'd mix. Without actually seeing the two together, I'd surmise that either the colours need to be softer on these, or the shading heavier and more colourful on the level artwork.

But who knows, I might just be thinking things that are way off the mark. I'd have to see it in action to judge.

Some people didn't like the first sprite too. I really like this sprite, it is shaded like Chaotix but its also somewhat based on OVA and the CD animations.

Here they are both against that mock up I've been showing in the screenshot thread.

VVZFMock%20-%20Copy.png

Bosco thanks again for the animations. Did you happen to save the running around the poll without the sign. I know mine had it so its my fault for not being specific.

As for the second animation I'll mess with improving it later. At the very least though its a start!

Actually I think that was me. Thank you again for the sprites.

Honestly, I think the new Sonic sprite is lightyears better than the old one. The Chaotix-style shading makes it easier to spot him among the (sometimes) heavy scenery, and it also matches the shading of my badniks a little better. ^^

Yay!

• 2 weeks later...