A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

Sonic Vertigo

Hello everybody. I'am here to show of my newest fangame! Sonic Vertigo (once known as Project V)

This fangame is using a very unique engine. Several people worked on a part of it. Credits are in the game.

TRAILER:

(HYPERCAM screwed the colours and framerate)

Details and stuff are coming soon (to lazy to write all that stuff now xd)

Enjoy!!

I see some familiar graphics in here that I don't remember giving permission for. [qimg]http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa30/BlazeHedgehog/sa%20emoticons/emot-v.gif[/qimg]

which one do you mean??? I made some myself and the rest is from themysticalforestzone and spriters resource. ( and I had to puzzle with the sonic rush sprites)

which one do you mean??? I made some myself and the rest is from themysticalforestzone and spriters resource. ( and I had to puzzle with the sonic rush sprites)

Oh can I answer that?

The tree, the wooden box. The rocks (at 0:36 on the trailer)

I also know that Explosion Box (at 1:26) it was made only for Sonic DL Adventure.

I infact don't even care. We didn't spend too much time on that box and if I'm going to be mad at every fangame what stoles something from Sonic DL Adventure... Well, I would be mad at every new fangame using Sonic Advance sprites and based on the newests games. I'm even would be mad at your another fangame "Sonic Adventure 3 - Something, something Dark Sonic", who uses the custom rocks, the custom enemies, the custom box, etc...

You can use it. No problems for me. But hey, BlazeHedgehog's graphics, you should ask him to use 'em. 'kay? Good luck with your project.

Forgot where I get the tree. Probably from sonic chaos mayhem from STHdx guy. (older fangame) . I have no problems with it if you want me to replace it. Or else I will put your name in credits.
Soooo... Let me get this straight... You have 'ripped' a 'object' from another game, wich one the creator has ripped from Blaze's one?

I don't see how less guilty you are. I mean it's not like you don't know where that tree is from, since you have on your website a page for Blaze's Sonic 2k6 2D (http://testsite.yvarlukassen.nl/?p=420)

It's not that I care about the graphics itself, it's that somebody would bypass me, rip the graphics, and think that's okay. Arguably one could say that maybe I should be proud: in games with so many ripped graphics, it can he hard to tell what's ripped and what's original, assuming the quality of the original graphics is high enough. Maybe I should be proud, then.

Yvar, you can continue to use the graphics. Just... don't let it happen again, okay?

That said, let this be a bit of a warning to everyone. Always be cautious of where you get your graphics from, you never know if their source is really legitimate or not. You might end up stealing someone else's work without even realizing it, so watch out! In this case that's not 100% the case for some of the graphics but it's still something to consider.

Just because it's up on a site somewhere doesn't mean it was intended for free use. SFGHQ itself tries to prevent our own catalog of sprites and graphics from having illegitimately acquired works, but it's entirely possible that there's a few even on our own site that may have been lifted from someone else without their permission and we don't even know it ourselves! The best way to protect yourself is to make sure you keep some sort of record of where your graphics came from, so at the very least if you get accused of stealing, you can explain you did so unknowingly by using graphics from site "XYZ" thinking they were for public use.

The game looks decent. I like the graphics better than most other NextGen/Rush style games. The game looks like it runs smooth enough too. One thing I'm not happy to see is those silly boost rings. I see them in a lot of fan games and they serve little purpose. Players aren't so stupid that they need that much help steering the character. Plus it does almost the same exact thing as the homing attack (provided there's nothing to target of course). As for the ones that might point up there are plenty of more interesting ways to force the player to move in a certain direction.

The game looks decent. I like the graphics better than most other NextGen/Rush style games. The game looks like it runs smooth enough too. One thing I'm not happy to see is those silly boost rings. I see them in a lot of fan games and they serve little purpose. Players aren't so stupid that they need that much help steering the character. Plus it does almost the same exact thing as the homing attack (provided there's nothing to target of course). As for the ones that might point up there are plenty of more interesting ways to force the player to move in a certain direction.

Homing attack won't speed you up and the bar is for special abillities not always boosting :P