A 2021 backup has been restored. Forums are closed and work in progress. Join our Discord server for more updates! ×
SoaH City Message Board

New movies, yo

Cyber Rat

I've gained a new interest in watching movies in the cinema these days (3D or not). This year has a lot of releases I'm looking forward to, like Machete,

and

I saw Inception yesterday with some friends expecting nothing spectacular and getting a pretty well thought out action movie (I honestly consider it an action flick, even though it's not obvious until you're an hour in). Your mileage may vary regarding the ending, but it's worth the money (well, at least in Serbia. The ticket was less 4 dollars here :S).

So, anyone seen anything fun lately? Recommendations, warnings?

Inception is god damn incredible, to me (this is my own opinion here, so the rest of you can suck it) the movie was almost perfect. It had an amazing soundtrack, and a terrificly written story that had me glued to my seat the entire time. I've watched it twice in theaters, and I kinda want to see it a 3rd time.

As for predators, it was alright, it definitely doesn't focus very much on the actual predators unfortunately.

Inception was amazing. Especially that scene. Yeah if you've seen it you know which scene I'm talking about (JGL is awesome).

Tomorrow I'm going to see The Other Guys which looks hilarious (Will Ferral and Mark Whalberg) and next weekend gonna see Scott Pilgrim!

Inception was amazing. Especially that scene. Yeah if you've seen it you know which scene I'm talking about (JGL is awesome).

Tomorrow I'm going to see The Other Guys which looks hilarious (Will Ferral and Mark Whalberg) and next weekend gonna see Scott Pilgrim!

Agree.

Based on what you guys are saying about it, I think I'll have to see Inception when it comes to my town's theater. Living in a small town sucks, considering you have to wait some time depending on the movies for them to arrive. It really depends on what comes here first. How the movie does in larger theaters also has something to do with the waiting times here. Ranting aisde, speaking of movies and arrivals, the local theater JUST got Predators, however, I'm no fan of the AvP franchise, so that's an instant nix for me. The Other Guys def. looks like a funny movie to see, so I'll check that out when it comes.

Based on what you guys are saying about it, I think I'll have to see Inception when it comes to my town's theater. Living in a small town sucks, considering you have to wait some time depending on the movies for them to arrive. It really depends on what comes here first. How the movie does in larger theaters also has something to do with the waiting times here. Ranting aisde, speaking of movies and arrivals, the local theater JUST got Predators, however, I'm no fan of the AvP franchise, so that's an instant nix for me. The Other Guys def. looks like a funny movie to see, so I'll check that out when it comes.

I feel you, as I used to live in a town with a theater so small that they showed one movie at a time.

I'm going to see Scott Pilgrim when it comes out, other than that I'm not too excited about anything as of now.

I defintely liked Inception. Last night I went to Scott Pilgrim, and that was a fun time as well. Special effects were tasteful and the fighting was fun to watch. Plot details deviated a lot, but when you're doing a movie you have to do that sometimes. I enjoyed it a lot.